Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock event December 10th

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Anybody planning on getting one of these now that they’re about to be released?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Holding out for other size options

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I put my hands on one the other day. It feels like a damn toy or airsoft gun and the trigger was bad like NY trigger heavy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggp2jz View Post
    I put my hands on one the other day. It feels like a damn toy or airsoft gun and the trigger was bad like NY trigger heavy
    I wonder if there is some way to modify the trigger to match the G19.5 trigger?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    When I took the slide off it looks like a regular Glock on the inside but I didn’t do a detail strip to confirm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I attended a Glock Armorers Class to recertify on January 7th. While no G44 was available to handle or inspect,and even the instructor hadn't handled one a few slides were available with some information.
    The G44 has no firing pin channel liner, the loaded chamber indicator is a "ghost hole" in the rear of the barrel hood. The locking block is different as would be expected, although I believe that the backstrap extensions are the same,as well as the reversible magazine catch is the same .The trigger mechanism housing and trigger with trigger bar are G44 specific .The connector is the (.) dot connector the same as the Gen 4 and Gen 5 pistols.
    Last edited by ARx3; 01-20-20 at 19:14.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARx3 View Post
    A attended a Glock Armorers Class to recertify on January 7th. While no G44 was available to handle or inspect,and even the instructor hadn't handled one a few slides were available with some information.
    The G44 has no firing pin channel liner, the loaded chamber indicator is a "ghost hole" in the rear of the barrel hood. The locking block is different as would be expected, although I believe that the backstrap extensions are the same,as well as the reversible magazine catch is the same .The trigger mechanism housing and trigger with trigger bar are G44 specific .The connector is the (.) dot connector the same as the Gen 4 and Gen 5 pistols.
    Thanks, nice to know, I'm in line for one.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I'm surprised to hear ggp2jz's report about it being heavy; not doubting you, just surprised. From what I have read and watched in pre-release reviews, they're claiming that the trigger is the same as the 19.5 trigger (5.5lbs), but I've not got to handle one yet. I'd like to wait to hear what the initial reports are once people start putting rounds through them, as I've become interested in one as an inexpensive training tool.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The wife and I picked up our consecutively numbered G44's today.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARx3 View Post
    I attended a Glock Armorers Class to recertify on January 7th. While no G44 was available to handle or inspect,and even the instructor hadn't handled one a few slides were available with some information.
    Just to expound upon this; a revised armorer’s parts order form was released on 1/14. Going through it, I found the following parts are unique to the G44:
    Barrel
    Thread barrel
    Thread protector
    Threaded adapter
    Extractor
    Extractor depressor plunger & spring assembly
    Firing pin assembly
    Firing pin safety
    Locking block
    Recoil spring assembly
    Rear adjustable sight*
    Slide cover plate
    Slide lock
    Slide stop
    Trigger w/ trigger bar
    Trigger mechanism housing w/ ejector
    Cleaning rod/brush
    Case package**

The following parts are confirmed to be interchangeable with at least some other models:
    Connector
    Magazine catch
    Front sight
    Slide lock spring
    Trigger housing pin
    Backstrap/beavertail kit
    Trigger pin

The slide is obviously unique, but so is the frame, most notably where the locking block is located. Your not gonna be able to swap with a G19 the slide or frame.

* the rear sight uniqueness appears to be height related only, but I’ll be attempting to use a standard Dawson sight set on mine. I’ll try to remember to update with what kind of things I run into, as well as from/rear height difference needed to get POA/POI.

**case only appears to be different when bought as a replacement from Glock due to a different cleaning rod and owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast