Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock event December 10th

Feedback Score
    Lame.

The only .22LR handguns worth owning are either high end dedicated target pistols, or revolvers. The reason is ammo. An Olympic grade match pistol is easy enough to feed: 40gr lead match bullets at standard velocities, no cheap ammo ever. Do that and they run like a sewing machine while being marvelous to shoot. The other one is not dependent on ammo quality for function so you can shoot on the cheap, and shoot ammo that is shaped poorly for semi-auto feeding.

No one in their right mind is going to buy a Glock .22LR and feed it nothing but good match ammo. So it will be just like all the other budget grade .22LR semi-auto pistols. Finicky and mediocre.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Lame.

The only .22LR handguns worth owning are either high end dedicated target pistols, or revolvers.The reason is ammo. An Olympic grade match pistol is easy enough to feed: 40gr lead match bullets at standard velocities, no cheap ammo ever. Do that and they run like a sewing machine while being marvelous to shoot. The other one is not dependent on ammo quality for function so you can shoot on the cheap, and shoot ammo that is shaped poorly for semi-auto feeding.

No one in their right mind is going to buy a Glock .22LR and feed it nothing but good match ammo. So it will be just like all the other budget grade .22LR semi-auto pistols. Finicky and mediocre.
    Well that's like, you opinion man...
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Arrived at from decades of shooting rimfire handguns, and at one point competing at a fairly high level with them.

If you want it to be accurate get a real target pistol, and feed it accordingly. If you want it to work with whatever ammo is on sale and be as close to 100% reliable as a gun can be shooting .22LR then get a good revolver.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Well that's like, you opinion man...
    He’s not wrong....

Glock could’ve easily just come out with a conversion kit.

.22 “trainers” seem like a good idea but at that point you could use airsoft. 10 years ago this would’ve been better but thinking more about it....not really.

I like my SR22 but it’s a toy. I’d sooner trade it for a Ruger Mk. IV.

I can stomach a 1911 conversion being 10 rounds but you have a G19 pistol that only holds 10.

The moment has passed. If I am getting a toy, I want a fun toy.

I feel like people will buy this. Shoot it. Then be like “but why though?”

But okay. I’m more of a .22 snob in my old age. I doubt that I would sell my SR22 as it is actually pretty handy. But I can get a Mark 4 or a Single Six if I cared more.

At first I wanted it then it happened and now I don’t.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, let me take a $400 gun and add $100 more and throw away a NIB barrel. Then I can mill it for optic and make it a $600 gun, before adding optic and silencer.

Hard Pass.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Got to make it legal in all 50 states, maybe later they will offer more capacity.
    Gun is not legal in CA or NY AFAIK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lame.

The only .22LR handguns worth owning are either high end dedicated target pistols, or revolvers. The reason is ammo. An Olympic grade match pistol is easy enough to feed: 40gr lead match bullets at standard velocities, no cheap ammo ever. Do that and they run like a sewing machine while being marvelous to shoot. The other one is not dependent on ammo quality for function so you can shoot on the cheap, and shoot ammo that is shaped poorly for semi-auto feeding.

Yeah...pretty much. My SR22 has eaten anything so far, but after a bunch of fun...and it is fun...it gets dirty (cuz .22)...then you either do a quick field clean so it stops malfunctioning or stop shooting it until you do clean it. The copper coated bullets help, but only so much.

Same goes for my CMMG dedicated .22. Although it's twice as fun and with 25 round mags.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 12-10-19 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Arrived at from decades of shooting rimfire handguns, and at one point competing at a fairly high level with them.

If you want it to be accurate get a real target pistol, and feed it accordingly. If you want it to work with whatever ammo is on sale and be as close to 100% reliable as a gun can be shooting .22LR then get a good revolver.
    I mean I get not going the route of this gun, but there are a lot of quality options between what is basically a factory conversion of a centerfire gun and an Olympic target gun. There's a reason so many Ruger Mark, Browning Buckmark, Hi Standard, S&W etc. type semi-auto .22's are sold and it's not all due to budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He’s not wrong....

Glock could’ve easily just come out with a conversion kit.

.22 “trainers” seem like a good idea but at that point you could use airsoft. 10 years ago this would’ve been better but thinking more about it....not really.

I like my SR22 but it’s a toy. I’d sooner trade it for a Ruger Mk. IV.

I can stomach a 1911 conversion being 10 rounds but you have a G19 pistol that only holds 10.

The moment has passed. If I am getting a toy, I want a fun toy.

I feel like people will buy this. Shoot it. Then be like “but why though?”

But okay. I’m more of a .22 snob in my old age. I doubt that I would sell my SR22 as it is actually pretty handy. But I can get a Mark 4 or a Single Six if I cared more.

At first I wanted it then it happened and now I don’t.
    I went the route of .22 trainers when Advantage Arms brought out their Glock conversion. I ultimately abandoned it as a great idea but not all that great in execution. The only conversions I think have any merit are the CZ Kadet and Marvel 1911 units, because they provide true rimfire accuracy with guns that actually have good triggers.

Mark IV's and Buckmarks, etc. are pretty damn useful as well as a lot of fun to shoot, and you don't have to break the bank to do it. Even if you want to be snobby, there's nothing wrong with a S&W 41, Browning Challenger or old school Colt Match Target.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 12-10-19 at 15:52.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I will consider buying one, but I have previously owned a Glock . 22 conversion kit. I ended up selling it because it was too picky about ammo, and honestly was not an effective trainer. Recoil was way too soft compared to 9mm and poi was a lot different than my 9mm.

Might as well had an airsoft.... At least then you could do force on force.

Dry fire is cheap.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will be fun to watch how this plays out on GlockTalk...those guys are great beta testers for anything Glock produces. Waiting to hear about "jam-o-matics." I already saw one video today and yup, fail to feed, etc. Me? I'm sticking with my Ruger Mark IV Huntsman. A fine piece of wood and steel.

Glock, as usual, hyped this as if it was, in fact, something truly "innovative" ... the presentation was hard to watch, even when you could hear it. Glock, stick with what you do best.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast