Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock event December 10th

Feedback Score
    So I was recently at their armorers course and one of the teachers knows one of their head engineers, and he stated that he has worked on a Glock 6.8mm rifle for the NGSW competition.

AND: none of that was true

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would be in if it was a P365 sized 9mm.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's going to be a 9.5mm Whizbang, interchangeable front and back straps so you can choose between finger grooves or none and a hump or no hump. Heard they will introduce a front strap that has the cut out.

Preliminary gell test on the new round has it penetrating 9.5mm more in the FBI test protocol than both 9/10mm standard cartridges.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What about a 43 that accepts 43X mags.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    So I was recently at their armorers course and one of the teachers knows one of their head engineers, and he stated that he has worked on a Glock 6.8mm rifle for the NGSW competition.

AND: none of that was true
    Glock did work on a gun that was supposed to compete with the AUG. Initially it was a bullpup then more conventional. The last known iteration was an HK32 type gun that could quick change to 5.45 in anticipation of a Cold War scenario. Also an integrated 1.5 optic.

Like the G-11 it was killed by the end of the Cold War. It exists but is very much not a feasible or perfected gun.

It was ultimately an ACR before ACR but Glock will never release it and only passingly admits it was even a thing.

Until Gaston croaks, I doubt you will see a Glock rifle. And if you do, it’ll be a Glock brand AR lower or something.

The Cold War had people wanting their “own” gun for some silly reason and now in a world of ARs it’s kinda pointless and thus not profitable. They make way more money on handguns than they would shilling out a weird retro synthwave ACR looking gun to South America, Africa, and SWA

Also why do you all care about P365s? Not judging just curious

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’m actually pretty happy that Glock hasn’t done anything crazy. It took them a while to get there, but the newest Gen 5s are awesome and aside from offering those upgrades across multiple non-MOS platforms, I could care less if they did anything crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd like to see Glock release a platform which uses a serialized FCU for double stack guns, and one for single-stack guns, and then corresponding frame sizes for each with backwards compatibility for slides and aftermarket parts.

Now THAT would be interesting to me, but this move might be entirely too rational and forward-thinking for Glock's tastes...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Single stack .45GAP
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glock 44 = full-size gun with a rotating Barrel.

Glock 46 = Compact gun with a rotating barrel.

My body is ready.

At least I can hope.

Feedback Score
    Interchangeable grip shells like the 320 would be nice.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast