Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog

Feedback Score
    They’re all plastic, but all of mine have been 100%.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was able to put a little over 100 rounds through my good friend's new Stribog last Friday, so I barely scratched the surface of what the gun is capable of. My brief thoughts;

PROS: I was instantly impressed with the build quality and robustness upon picking it up. The action is smooth when hand cycling, or firing.
    The trigger was way better than I expected it to be. I hear they can take some AR triggers, the stock one felt like a BCM PNT to myself.
    The factory magazines seem solid. They remind me of the original Steyr AUG mags. They also lock up solid, even on a closed bolt.
    I expected more recoil for some reason, but the recoil was just nearly non existent. Yes I know it's 9mm, but even with heavier HST's it was very smooth.
    The controls are excellent all the way around, being able to close the bolt with your index finger and not run the charging handle is a nice touch too.

My friend had it zeroed with his MRO in about 5 shots. Federal HST's groups are as follows;
    2019-12-02_05-14-22 by Willis, on Flickr

So the gun is more accurate than either of us could be, also like I have said several times, I was impressed. My buddy had a few failure to feeds, but he chalks it up to not properly seating his mags. One occurred during a reload in the middle of a drill. Each time once it was properly seated it ran fine. Mags do not drop free, for those that frown upon that.

CONS;

I don't like the LOP on the folding SB tactical brace.

That's it. I'm over 6' with long arms and I felt I was too tucked in.

The Stribog was a very pleasant surprise. My friend had kicked around several PCC options, and settled on it, and I really feel like he did not "Settle" at all. I am very impressed with it, and consider it a bargain at it's price point. It's nicer than the MPX, and most of the AR9's I've shot for nearly half the price of some of those. It comes out of the box begging for a can, and a reason to run it fast.

Hopefully long term reliability is great with this, because it's a big winner IMO, and I really look forward to getting one myself.

2019-12-02_05-14-37 by Willis, on Flickr
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the follow up Wicked, I think I’m sold on it. But by all means guys drop you Stribog stuff here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

One thing I found is that the threads are so long my TiRant 9 would not screw all the way down to the barrel shoulder. It worked find though with no baffle strikes.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've been tossing around the idea of a PCC for training purposes and range fun. I had intended to get a Foxtrot Mike AR9, but the Stribog is very very tempting. Thank you for the review Wicked. I've heard nothing but good things about them so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been happy with mine for sure.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I've been happy with mine for sure.

You, Talon Sei, MAC and Garand Thumb all put out videos at the same time. I was looking but you guys made me look hard at the Stribog

Feedback Score
    This is first hand experience with my Stribog. I got mine this week and immediately took it to the range for testing. I can't get 5 rounds down range without a malfunction. The biggest problem is that my spent cases are getting stuck behind the ejector binding up the entire bolt. I had to break it down each time and shake out the empty. So I pack it up and go home. I immediately started searching for others with my problem and I found it. Grand Power has changed the design of the bolt, carrier and recoil spring. Take a look at Brett's photograph up above. See how his bolt and carrier has the spring and a guide rod? Mine doesn't have the guide rod. And that guide rod is what kept spent casings from binding behind the ejector. Come to find out that Grand Power is close to releasing a delayed roller system in place of the blowback design. This new bolt design is to accommodate the roller system. Too bad it doesn't work with the current blowback design! This is not hearsay or just my story. I validated everything with the Global Ordnance (Importer) armorer. The official diagnosis of the problem is too stiff of a recoil spring. Supposedly Grand Power has sent over a batch of weaker springs and they are still waiting to clear customs. They are going to then send out the springs and see if that fixes the problem.

Let me just say I would never have purchased the Stribog had I known that they were doing some quasi transitional bullshit with the guts of the gun. I asked for the old style bolt/carrier/spring and was told it wouldn't fit in the gen 2 Stribog. Apparently they moved the ejector too....well, they didn't move it far enough if casings can still fit back there! I've lost complete confidence in the gun. I'm asking for a refund or a trade for a Stribog with the older bolt design. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I'm at work now but when I get home tonight I'll post some pictures of my bolt and you can easily see the difference. Or you can find the Military Arms Channel review on Youtube where they had the same problem I'm having. They bust out the bolts from both generations and compare. It's actually pretty funny. Global Ordnance sent them the version like mine and it of course bombed. Horribly. So they then sent Tim the older design and it performs flawlessly. That's what I want.

If anyone else is having issues feel free to PM me and I'll help all I can. I'll also let you know if Global Ordnance agrees to replace the Stribog.

Be Safe

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    They are pretty and fairly well-balanced. The price is also very good. Once they sort it out I might get one.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah I think I will wait for the roller delayed version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast