Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primary Arms SLX 1-6x24 FFP vs Primary Arms 1-6x24 SFP vs Burris BTR 1-6x24

Feedback Score
    If I could find a Vortex Viper PST 1-6 for $500, I would get that over the PA 1-6. How would the target acquisition on 1x with the PST be compared to the PA with their ACSS reticle?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    If I could find a Vortex Viper PST 1-6 for $500, I would get that over the PA 1-6. How would the target acquisition on 1x with the PST be compared to the PA with their ACSS reticle?
    I would agree with that statement. I think the difference you would notice the most at 1x between the two:

PST had day light bright aim point style reticle, where the PA has a donut eotech style that is thick black etchings. Also the PST has better glass all around. Eye box and Field of view really start to show. I think the PST is an awesome optic for the price, just a little on the porky side. If that doesn't bother you though, its a good choice.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any dealings with the Mercon MK1 1-6? I stumbled across GarandThumb’s review on it from last year. Apparently upon its release, it retailed for around $900, but on Rainer Arms and a few other websites, I’ve seen it low as $300. There were a few complaints on the red dot’s poor illumination for the $900 price point, but I wonder if it would be worth a try while it’s going for $300 compared to say a PA ACSS.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Vortex Viper PST G2 1-6x24 WITH Switchview (normally $45+) for $539.

https://dsgarms.com/kt-vorpst-1605-mgmsv1811

They have MOA and MIL, as well as packages for $600 with mount.

Feedback Score
    It’s hard to beat the primary arms sfp 1-6 for the money.i have never really worked the bdc in the 1-6,but I have done quite a bit of shooting with the acss in the 4-14
    And found that if you use m193,that the bdc works pretty good.

Feedback Score
    The Burris XTRii 1-5 can be found for around $400. They’re clearing them out and we’re originally around $800. It’s a solid, daylight nuclear bright option.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all of the input. I think I (finally) have made my decision to go with the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6. I’m just stuck between the MRAD and MOA, I’m leaning more towards the MOA as of now, but still undecided on that after reading into the two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    Thanks for all of the input. I think I (finally) have made my decision to go with the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6. I’m just stuck between the MRAD and MOA, I’m leaning more towards the MOA as of now, but still undecided on that after reading into the two.
    It honestly doesn’t matter much, particularly in this class of optic, unless you’re heavily invested in one system or the other and want to stay consistent. I’d just get whichever you can find first for the best price.

Feedback Score
    I had a primary arms 1-6 for about three years and never just really happy with it but couldn’t find anything else that I liked.
    Finally checked out a SWFA 1-6, IMO you get more for your money with the SWFA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12