Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms SLX 1-6x24 FFP vs Primary Arms 1-6x24 SFP vs Burris BTR 1-6x24

Feedback Score

Primary Arms SLX 1-6x24 FFP vs Primary Arms 1-6x24 SFP vs Burris BTR 1-6x24

Looking to take advantage of some Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on a new LPVO. I have watched a couple of videos on FFP vs SFP, and done some pretty extensive reading. I have heard people say that the 1-6 Raptor's reticle (FFP) is much slower at 1x due to its size, compared to the SFP, but I have also read where people said that it being smaller at 1x isn't necessarily a disadvantage because it resembles a red dot at 1x, making it on par with the SFP at 1x. Also, the Raptor's ACSS reticle on the FFP is a little simpler. I also stumbled across the Burris BTR 1-6x24, but I have been unable to find many videos or other information on it. I just wanted to go ahead and make a decision, so if I stumble across a good deal on one of these optics, I can jump on it. Also on the search for a solid and durable scope mount, without spending the same amount of money on it as I am the optic.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    IMO a 1x6 does not need FFP, I am looking at t he same scope with 300 Blackout ACSS. My take, SFP reticle will be on at 1x and at 6x why bother to run at any other power, also capped turrets so won't be cranking in dope. Now 1x8 and higher FFP begins to be useful.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 11-26-19 at 22:19.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A LPVO with FFP MUST have legit Daylight Bright Illumination.

But for 1-4/1-6, SFP is more than fine and capped turrets are also a must (for me).

Feedback Score
    I wasn't aware Primary Arms had a first focal plane in 5.56, I have this one and am really happy with it.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...45-308-reticle

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I just got a PA 1-6x SFP Gen 3.
    If you get the Gen 3 the illum will be daylight bright.

I do not regret getting the SFP version instead of FFP.
    As Mack said, you don't need it on a 1-6; it would be totally wasted.
    I mean, it's not like you're going to be shooting unknown distance ELR with this thing and dialing for wind and hold, you're going to zero it @ 100 on 6x and then use the BDC.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I'm unfamiliar with the Burris BTR; however, I did own an RT6 a while back that was in that general price bracket. I was pleasantly surprised, especially for the price. Glass was clear, image was relatively flat on 1X, and eyebox was acceptable. The included throw lever was handy. I would not call the illumination daylight bright; however, the reticle was bold enough to be usable without it. I'd buy again if I was in the market.

Feedback Score
    I believe I’m going to just stick with the PA 1-6 SFP. Thanks for the help guys!

Feedback Score
    Do y’all have any dealings with the PA ACCS 1-8?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    Do y’all have any dealings with the PA ACCS 1-8?
    What do you want to know? I was an early adopter, and shot a black rifle match with it a couple months ago.

Small notes off the top of my head:

I wish it was either FFP or simply a 1-6. The extra 2x just isn't super useful. The glass quality really starts to show at 7-8. The eye box starts to get tight at that range, however it doesn't change cheek weld. Just tighter eye box. You can get a cheek weld at 1x and maintain it through the whole zoom range. The glass is pretty decent at 1-6 for the price range. My Steiner P4xi is a whole step up in glass quality though. The build quality of the optic is actually really good. Its been durable through the last 2-3 years of use. Im not doing full blow FTX or deployments anymore, but I don't baby my gear either. Has been thrown into truck beds, and set down in rocks in the desert. Easily has 2K+ 556 under it, but also has 300 rounds of semi 308, which if not torqued down properly WILL loosen the mount in less than 40 rounds. The MSR10 seems to be a beast on optics. Ill probably use it to flat line a shitty MRDS I want to go away.

Oh the 1-8 is not daylight bright but has a useful thick black reticle for CQB. I still prefer the daylight bright reticle of the P4xi or RG2, but if you train with it the PA optic will get you down a hoser stage with acceptable hits.

It's not the best optic, and for the price, I would probably buy other options. It is acceptable kit though, and I was curious when it was released how good a $400 1-8 could be. Im honestly not disappointed, I just shoot enough that I feel better optics is useful.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EDIT: Double Tap
    Last edited by turnburglar; 12-01-19 at 12:48.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast