Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia 2020

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Nobody should give a f#ck what they put in their abusive new “law”. They are Tyrants. Refuse to bend the knee. Don’t even consider trying to obey, have some fortitude and be Americans for god sake. This is Virginia. We have had 220-some-odd years of enjoying the right to own weaponry, under the constitution, without government harassment or violence. They will not alienate us from our civil rights. They will not.
    AMEN!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nobody should give a f#ck what they put in their abusive new “law”. They are Tyrants. Refuse to bend the knee. Don’t even consider trying to obey, have some fortitude and be Americans for god sake. This is Virginia. We have had 220-some-odd years of enjoying the right to own weaponry, under the constitution, without government harassment or violence. They will not alienate us from our civil rights. They will not.
    Exactly my thoughts when I was reading the lever action thread.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    There is no way you can put a pistol grip on a bolt action gun and turn it into an assault weapon. The pistol grip would have to be designed or intended to convert/mod/alter a firearm into an assault firearm. A bolt gun cannot be converted/altered/modded into an assault weapon because it is not a semi-auto.

keeping your threaded Glock 19 barrel while having a G19 in standard configuration would be a violation.

I am not fully up to speed on the "Kali-Key," but, from what I understand thus far about this gizmo, if you put one in your AR to make it into a single shot, manual action, and keep the original bolt carrier, you are in violation because the original bolt can convert/mod/alt the firearm into an assault firearm.

Are you saying that possession a drill bit the same diameter as a take down pin detent is possession of an assault firearm because the drill bit can be altered into a part that would assemble an AR?
    Yes, in the example I used the bolt action rifle isn't the problem, the plastic pistol grip is. If you can install it on an AR lower it can be used to construct an AW, and so is itself an AW.

I know it's extreme and borderline ridiculous, but that's the point. I'm saying the following sentence is dangerously open ended, non-specific, and is clearly intended to serve as some sort of state constructive possession statute:

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily assembled into an assault firearm."
    That sentence means, once the bill passes, your g19 threaded barrel IS an assault weapon, all by itself, without any need to install it into a pistol. You wouldn't even need to actually own a g19 to be charged, just to be in possession of the threaded barrel. The same would be true for ANY SINGLE PART that could be used to convert or assemble an AW semi-auto rifle, pistol, or shotgun of any kind. The way it's written, it doesn't expressly exclude parts that can also be (or are currently being) used in a non-AW.

It's either written by a complete idiot or an evil genius, and either way is an absolutely mind-blowing over-reach.

I suppose I could've just been more clear about that from the beginning instead of trying to illustrate with an extreme and maybe slightly confusing example. "Any part or combination of parts" could me a lot of things, and while the state might not be able to convict you, given the opportunity they could absolutely charge you and tie up a ton or your time and financial resources in the process.

The bill was written by the same Brady/Everytown/Moms people who wrote the NY SAFE Act, so I wouldn't assume they intended for the state to give anyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes time for enforcement. That doesn't mean it will go down that way, but I think it's important to understand why it's worded the way it is.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 11-29-19 at 08:51.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Agreed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Don't forget SB 64

Part 1 and 2 were already on the books and thankfully not really enforced as far as training goes, but the third one (bolded) is squarely targeted at open carry demonstrations and lobby day.
    Part 1 and 2 could potentially shut down any firearm or martial art (MMA/BJJ) training of any kind if they don't like one person attending the courses.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ands folks still wanna get uppity over 922r violation bullshit or calling out folks over pistols and VFGs on the internet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Part 1 and 2 could potentially shut down any firearm or martial art (MMA/BJJ) training of any kind if they don't like one person attending the courses.
    Parts 1 & 2 have been current law for years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Parts 1 & 2 have been current law for years.
    I understood that in the first post that mentioned it. Just because it was unenforced then, doesn't mean the new people in charge won't now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    No. Part 1 and 2 have been the law since 1987, and the training must be in furtherance of a civil disorder. Here's how to punch someone is fine. Here's how to punch someone at the Trump rally tomorrow is prohibited.

Part 3 says you can't use a firearm, explosive, or incendiary to intimidate someone.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    No. Part 1 and 2 have been the law since 1987, and the training must be in furtherance of a civil disorder. Here's how to punch someone is fine. Here's how to punch someone at the Trump rally tomorrow is prohibited.

Part 3 says you can't use a firearm, explosive, or incendiary to intimidate someone.
    In today’s society, all it takes is one strong willed person for anything to become a furtherance of civil disorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast