Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Corbon .223 Rem 77gr. MPR for Home Defense?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Corporal View Post
    I have read Univibe’s posts. That’s why I’m backing him up here. I used to roll my eyes whenever you guys and the mod ganged up on him. Now it seems to be happening to me since lots of my posts keep getting deleted. Anyway, What Univibe says has a lot of merit. In pistol rounds, energy dump, momentum, velocity, etc do not contribute to stopping someone quicker like you are lead to believe by youtubers, ammo manufacturers, and people that call themselves a doctor or use their position as a doctor to further their agenda. You need the bullet to be well above 2000 FPS for those factors to make a difference. The FBI has confirmed this with their myriad of testing and it’s findings are available in its ballistics manuals that contradict someone who call himself a doctor. A hollow point to the stomach will not immediately put someone’s lights out but a hollow point or ball round to a vital will. It doesn’t matter if the vital is hit with a ball round or a hollow point. The hollow point isn’t going to do it better. The vital either gets hit and fails or it doesn’t. Superficial wounding from a bullet that has expanded compared to one that hasn’t isn’t what immediately puts someone’s lights out. Look towards the root of what stops someone and you’ll see what he’s saying. About the only advantage a hollow point in a pistol has is that the bullet gets bigger so what would have possibly missed a vital with a ball round would nic or hit a hollow point that is larger.

As far as rifles rounds go, at a distance is when different bullets shine against others. A 77 gr will definitely out shine a 55 that loses velocity. The 77 would hold its velocity longer. The 77 gr will hit with more speed and momentum that’ll help inhibit fragmentation or expansion compared to a 55 that has lost more steam at distance and will fail to fragment or expand. But up close at 10 ft, a 77 will not make you more dead than a 55. It’s just not true. Either the bullet stretches the tissue it hits to beyond the point of elasticity while expanding or fragmenting or it doesn’t.

But you guys have your minds made up. It’ll totally turn your world’s upside down that Santa Claus doesn’t use hollow points so you’ll fight tooth and nail and even support quelling someone’s speech for it.
    So I can put you under refuses to learn so disregard pile while you continue to scream about "muh rights" like a spoiled college kid then?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 12-07-19 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    JSP leading and deformation is quite overblown.
    Thanks.

I'll just fire more and make sure it keeps feeding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Within your requirements of having no exposed lead, and it sounds like you don’t want much meplat, either:

Fragmenting: anything that cycles reliably with a 77TMK, such as the thread title asks about. This probably most closely meets your requirements.

Bonded: something with the Swift Scirocco 75 gr. You may have to roll your own.

Copper: Something loaded with the Barnes 70gr TSX; I like Vor-tx, personally.

All that said, as ST911 pointed out, soft points work fine. I’ve personally shot several hundred soft points, perhaps more than a thousand, such as Fusion and Gold Dot with no issue. Additionally our SWAT team has issued pointed soft points (winchester, I think) and then Gold Dots for years. They shoot them in training, also. No issues. They are currently testing RA556b, no issues so far, and none expected.
    Thanks.

Are y'all talking about 77 gr like this? Tipped SMK?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017628583/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    So I can put you under refuses to learn pile while you continue to scream about "muh rights" like a spoiled college kid then?
    Don’t know what you mean but okay.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Don’t know what you mean but okay.
    It must suck having Dunning-Kruger.

Feedback Score
    It must suck having Dunning-Kruger.
    Oh. So now someone who has a different opinion is subject to insults on his intelligence rather than disputing his points, point by point. Got it. And I’ll go even further since I know where this is going. If someone doesn’t just read your post and go away without just taking your insults , it’s trolling for daring to post further. Got it. And if all else fails, delete his posts.
    Last edited by Marine Corporal; 12-08-19 at 03:01.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Thanks.

Are y'all talking about 77 gr like this? Tipped SMK?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017628583/
    Yes. And that is the loading I would be most likely to buy.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Oh. So now someone who has a different opinion is subject to insults on his intelligence rather than disputing his points, point by point. Got it. And I’ll go even further since I know where this is going. If someone doesn’t just read your post and go away without just taking your insults , it’s trolling for daring to post further. Got it. And if all else fails, delete his posts.
    Pointing out your cogitative bias is not insulting your intelligence, but since you cant bother to even comprehend that Dunning-Kruger just means you dont know that you dont know maybe I should start questioning it.

The thing is you aren't disputing my points...your incorrect explanation about the difference between 77gr and 55gr fragmentation just highlights how little you know about the subject, hint: it has nothing to do with distance. That not stating an opinion, thats just being flat out wrong about the mechanism of fragmentation between the two. Then when you are told you are wrong you run around screaming "muh rights are being violated!" like a petulant millennial snowflake.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 12-08-19 at 06:04.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Pointing out your cogitative bias is not insulting your intelligence, but since you cant bother to even comprehend that Dunning-Kruger just means you dont know that you dont know maybe I should start questioning it.

The thing is you aren't disputing my points...your incorrect explanation about the difference between 77gr and 55gr fragmentation just highlights how little you know about the subject, hint: it has nothing to do with distance. That not stating an opinion, thats just being flat out wrong about the mechanism of fragmentation between the two. Then when you are told you are wrong you run around screaming "muh rights are being violated!" like a petulant millennial snowflake.
    I was going to point all that out, also, but then I decided we might get more mileage out of not replying to him at all anymore in this thread. Whether right or wrong, he has contributed all he has to offer on this topic, and continued engagement with him will only serve to further arfcom this thread up.

My apologies for another off-topic post.

If a moderator chooses to prune away off topic posts, including my own, that would not be a bad thing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exactly right.^

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I was going to point all that out, also, but then I decided we might get more mileage out of not replying to him at all anymore in this thread. Whether right or wrong, he has contributed all he has to offer on this topic, and continued engagement with him will only serve to further arfcom this thread up.

My apologies for another off-topic post.

If a moderator chooses to prune away off topic posts, including my own, that would not be a bad thing.
    This too.^

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast