Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical Choke Tube

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I was looking at the different choke options and there is an extended ported version. Is that worth messing with?
    In my opinion no, but a lot of folks have spent a lot of money on porting shotgun barrels.

I have a Browning Gold Sporting Clays with the ported barrel, I really don't think it does much.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I've had, and still have= ported barrel 12 ga., one is a Sporting gun; 391 Urika Berreta- which is the same shotgun as the 1301, but not "tactically outfitted".
    The porting does squat. The 12 ga. is a low pressure round.
    I'd get extended tubes- but not ported.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I've had, and still have= ported barrel 12 ga., one is a Sporting gun; 391 Urika Berreta- which is the same shotgun as the 1301, but not "tactically outfitted".
    The porting does squat. The 12 ga. is a low pressure round.
    I'd get extended tubes- but not ported.
    I shot SC for many years and agree porting does nothing to reduce recoil impulse.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    If I mess with any other chokes I will stick with ones from Beretta. When I got home and got on Google I discovered the Federal #1 buck I have has been discontinued so next time I buy it will be Federal flite control 00 buck. Admittedly I haven't messed with a shotgun in quite a while so all the ammo I have has been sitting in a closet for a several years. I know slugs do better with looser chokes so I'll get one or two and do some experimenting.
    If you are planning on using flite control wads then cylinder choke tubes may be best.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses. I ordered a flush fit improved cylinder to try out.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123