Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical Choke Tube

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would suggest trying an improved cylinder choke. I'm not familiar with Beretta's, but, if you were shooting a Remington I would suggest having someone lengthen the forcing cone.

At 15 yards the 1B should do better than that in my experience (which has been out of 870's)

The physical difference between the size and number of pellets in 1B and OOB means they arrange in the flight control wad differently, so I'd get an IC choke to try with the OOB.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-03-19 at 17:15.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I would suggest trying an improved cylinder choke. I'm not familiar with Beretta's, but, if you were shooting a Remington I would suggest having someone lengthen the forcing cone.

At 15 yards the 1B should do better than that in my experience (which has been out of 870's)

The physical difference between the size and number of pellets in 1B and OOB means they arrange in the flight control wad differently, so I'd get an IC choke to try with the OOB.
    Improved cylinder is the one I was thinking of trying first. Do you think I should get an extended one vs. the flush fit?
    Last edited by SteveL; 12-03-19 at 18:45.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Improved cylinder is the one I was thinking of trying first. Do you think I should get an extended one vs. the flush fit?
    I would go with the extended, especially for a 'tactical' shotgun.

The extended chokes are easier to screw in and out IMO plus they look cooler, once again, IMO.

Pluse the extended portion of the choke tube protects the end of the barrel from damage (not sure if muzzle would be proper term in this usage). This is one of the main reasons I mentioned 'for a tactical shotgun'

Additionally, extended chokes have the choke marking on the extended portion so you can more easily determine which choke you are running.

Finally, when you get to speciality chokes the extended length allows more 'secret choke stuff' to be included.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...the extended portion of the choke tube protects the end of the barrel from damage (not sure if muzzle would be proper term in this usage)...
    Yes, "muzzle" is the proper term. All barrels have a muzzle.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-04-19 at 06:56.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...the extended portion of the choke tube protects the end of the barrel from damage (not sure if muzzle would be proper term in this usage)...
    All barrels also have a crown.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-04-19 at 06:57.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    on Google I discovered the Federal #1 buck I have has been discontinued...
    Last I heard it was on hold working out some inconsistent patterning. It seems to sometimes pattern well and sometimes be disappointing for FC.

Either way I wouldn't set up your shotgun for it unless you have it stacked deep. Being inconsistent it will be hard to tell what a different choke is doing.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A.K.A. the business end.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I saw the situation as kind of a Schrodinger's Cat thing. I didn't know if the muzzle of the shotgun barrel remained the muzzle if an extended choke tube was screwed into it. Kind of an existential thing, or even a tomato, to mot to kind of thing.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Last I heard it was on hold working out some inconsistent patterning. It seems to sometimes pattern well and sometimes be disappointing for FC.

Either way I wouldn't set up your shotgun for it unless you have it stacked deep. Being inconsistent it will be hard to tell what a different choke is doing.
    Interesting. I don't have that much of it. Next time I'll get 00 buck and try that out.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I was looking at the different choke options and there is an extended ported version. Is that worth messing with?
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast