Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Langdon Tactical Beretta 92 Compact

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I looked at the 92x compact vs the LTT compact. For me the Vertec grip is just a tad too small, and I don’t care for the wraparound grip panels to make it closer to a regular 92 grip frame. Also, when I figured out the cost of adding all the additional parts I would need to make the 92x into the LTT, such as the G conversion, the Optimized Trigger Bar (or the TJIB), the grips, the sights, the 15 round mags, and the flush hammer, I was actually a bit over the cost of the Langdon model.

The LTT compact has by far the smoothest DA pull I have had on any auto, much less a 92 series pistol. It is even slightly better than the trigger on my Brig Tac. To me it is definitely the better of the two pistols.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For those with compacts, are you still able to get all fingers on the grip? I don't have anywhere to check one out where I'm at.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    For those with compacts, are you still able to get all fingers on the grip? I don't have anywhere to check one out where I'm at.
    No. The frontstrap length is about 1/2 a finger longer than a Glock 26 and very awkward. Lots of pinky pinching the angle of the base plate is weird.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My pinky was cramped with the finger rest floor plates on the compacts. I agree with above that the angle is really weird. I switched mine to the steel flat floor plates from old military mags. No cramping problems after that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I highly dislike the compact mags as they're sold, but like a bit of extension still. Took them all to the grinder and knocked between 1/4 and 3/8" off the end of the baseplates. I've got fairly large hands, and can still get a good grip. Just the grip, no mag, is a bit short.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Hmm, can you post a couple of pics? I've been thinking about doing something similar.Thanks.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I highly dislike the compact mags as they're sold, but like a bit of extension still. Took them all to the grinder and knocked between 1/4 and 3/8" off the end of the baseplates. I've got fairly large hands, and can still get a good grip. Just the grip, no mag, is a bit short.
    Hmm, can you post a couple of pics? I've been thinking about doing something similar.Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phenom00 View Post
    Hmm, can you post a couple of pics? I've been thinking about doing something similar.Thanks
    I could take a fair bit more off, but since it's backup to the M9 and I'd have to grind all of them, I'm sticking with this for now.

mag.jpg
    mag2.jpg
    mag3.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123