Thread: Minimalist Plate Carrier and Battle Belt Suggestions/Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Minimalist Plate Carrier and Battle Belt Suggestions/Help

In the market for a plate carrier and a battle belt, figured it would be a good time to shop around with Black Friday coming up. I’m looking for a high quality plate carrier, comfortable and affordable (budget around $200 or so). I am also in the market for a new battle belt. I have been doing some research over the last week on the two, but I have had a hard time finding a particular brand that was agreed on by more than a few people per forum. I have been looking to get a plate carrier for a while with hopes of also purchasing some plates at the same time. I’m also stuck between which brand and model battle belt to go with. Blue Alpha Gear’s battle belt (same as the Warrior Poet) and the Robin Tactics belt has made it to the top of my list. As far as for the plate carrier, the HRT HRAC, ATS, CRYE, Yadeka and a few other companies, I have read and seen good reviews on. I am new to the realm of plate carriers and plates, so any suggestions or wisdom will be greatly appreciated. I have been debating whether I wanted to get a high quality chest rig, or go ahead and get a good plate carrier and then utilize it as a chest rig, adding the ability to use plates. I would be using this setup to train, use in any home defense situation if able, and primarily I wanted to create a setup for any emergency, whether it be natural or a SHTF situation. (I live in rural southern VA) I am not looking load the battle belt and plate carrier with unnecessary equipment, but only the essentials. Upon doing research, having some sort of plate carrier in any emergency situation would be a very viable option. I also would appreciate any suggestions in reference to high quality magazine pouches, IFAK’s, and any other related mounting systems.
    Last edited by GibsonBanjos; 11-29-19 at 00:14.