Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist Plate Carrier and Battle Belt Suggestions/Help

Feedback Score

Minimalist Plate Carrier and Battle Belt Suggestions/Help

In the market for a plate carrier and a battle belt, figured it would be a good time to shop around with Black Friday coming up. I’m looking for a high quality plate carrier, comfortable and affordable (budget around $200 or so). I am also in the market for a new battle belt. I have been doing some research over the last week on the two, but I have had a hard time finding a particular brand that was agreed on by more than a few people per forum. I have been looking to get a plate carrier for a while with hopes of also purchasing some plates at the same time. I’m also stuck between which brand and model battle belt to go with. Blue Alpha Gear’s battle belt (same as the Warrior Poet) and the Robin Tactics belt has made it to the top of my list. As far as for the plate carrier, the HRT HRAC, ATS, CRYE, Yadeka and a few other companies, I have read and seen good reviews on. I am new to the realm of plate carriers and plates, so any suggestions or wisdom will be greatly appreciated. I have been debating whether I wanted to get a high quality chest rig, or go ahead and get a good plate carrier and then utilize it as a chest rig, adding the ability to use plates. I would be using this setup to train, use in any home defense situation if able, and primarily I wanted to create a setup for any emergency, whether it be natural or a SHTF situation. (I live in rural southern VA) I am not looking load the battle belt and plate carrier with unnecessary equipment, but only the essentials. Upon doing research, having some sort of plate carrier in any emergency situation would be a very viable option. I also would appreciate any suggestions in reference to high quality magazine pouches, IFAK’s, and any other related mounting systems.
    Last edited by GibsonBanjos; 11-29-19 at 00:14.

Feedback Score
    If you're in Southern Virginia check out London Bridge Trading, they have some good gear.

https://lbtinc.com/collections/carriers-and-lbe

Their tactical company has more options, some are made overseas which is why they are separate companies to stay Berry Complaint.
    https://lbxtactical.com/collections/apcl

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks man, will be sure to check them out.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have you looked at Ferro concepts or Spiritus Systems? Both make a similar plate carrier but they are designed to be minimalist and to incorporate chest rigs and be modular/scaleable to mission needs. One of those two is most likely going to be what I go with when I decide to get back into plate carriers. LBX as mentioned above has a minimal style carrier that looks very promising as well! I believe it’s called the Armatus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Another vote for Ferro Concepts Slickster. Minimal and comfortable for a plate carrier. Currently they are having a 20% off sale.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of the AWS Light Assaulter Belt. AWS is the company that makes the Ronin belts (I believe his dad) and is the same basic belt minus the MOLLE webbing. MOLLE pouches can be securely mounted using 3M Velcro One Wrap, which is the same stuff HSGI uses with their belt mount tacos. Cost on the AWS LAB is around $65 vs $190 ish on the Ronin. HSGI and Eagle also make low pro battle belts.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help guys! I have heard of Ferro Concepts and Spiritus Systems, and I am going to check out their plate carriers. Will be sure to check out the AWS belt, I have seen a couple of reviews on it and have heard good things. Definitely will check them out as well.

Feedback Score
    I'll 2nd AWS belt. I bought on recommendation here and while it may not be the MOST low pro belt in the market, it certainly offers one hell of a good value. Been rocking mine for the last 18 months and its still rock solid.

Feedback Score
    Blue Force Gear is having a great sale on their PLATEminus, PLATEminus V2, and LMAC. That being said, when you buy PCs, you should be cognizant of how each PC will limit the plates you can use.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Check out Beez Combat Systems
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast