Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for thoughts on older MP15 vs new.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For $950 you can get a BCM M4. Offer them $400. If they sell, stash it in a closet until after Pocahontas gets elected. Then sell it for $2K.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelsnap View Post
    The original M&P line was made by Stag, and they were really well done. Later production moved in-house and kind of went down hill as far as specific materials and QC procedures.
    That's something I didn't know.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelsnap View Post
    The original M&P line was made by Stag, and they were really well done. Later production moved in-house and kind of went down hill as far as specific materials and QC procedures.
    About what year did the manufacturing switch occur?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    About what year did the manufacturing switch occur?
    Just from reading information on other forums, it was only for the first year or two. 06-08. I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    That looks like an amazing deal. If I didn't already have a 6920, I'd fork over $800 right now. So there's another quality rifle at the 6920's price. Cool.

Feedback Score
    The original M&P Sport was known for very good accuracy for what was then a $600 rifle, and I would say for anyone that knows what they are they are slightly more desirable than a "regular" M&P Sport. I still wouldn't pay more than $500 for one on today's market. I don't think the potentially more accurate barrel but no dust cover or FA is worth any more than what a Sport II goes for on the used market.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Mine was produced by Stag. Shot very well, but overgassed. I cut the FSB, put an ALG rail on it, and a BRT gas port insert in. Ran great after that, but I upgraded to Sionics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12