Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Socom Supressor Question

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, the alignment rods were cheap insurance to me considering the cost of a can and baffle strikes.

OP, please post pics when you can get it figured out.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks JP. Appreciated

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Yes, the alignment rods were cheap insurance to me considering the cost of a can and baffle strikes.

OP, please post pics when you can get it figured out.
    I sent it in to Surefire along with my upper. They said I’ll likely have to pay for the repair. That’s fine just as long as it isn’t nearly the cost of the silencer itself. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    I sent it in to Surefire along with my upper. They said I’ll likely have to pay for the repair. That’s fine just as long as it isn’t nearly the cost of the silencer itself. I’ll keep you guys posted.
    I think it's about $800. When you send a suppressor in, do you have to pay tax stamps again?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, they told me just send a copy of the current stamp. I asked what the damage could be and she said it could be as much as $600. I’m hoping no more than that. I paid about $1000 for the suppressor. If it’s the same serial number why would it require a new stamp?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    No, they told me just send a copy of the current stamp. I asked what the damage could be and she said it could be as much as $600. I’m hoping no more than that. I paid about $1000 for the suppressor. If it’s the same serial number why would it require a new stamp?
    I'm happy that it doesn't cost another stamp, and I agree concerning not needing one since the serial number isn't changing. That makes a lot of sense to me, and I wasn't expecting common sense to be allowed. Thank you for answering. I hope it's as inexpensive as possible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'm happy that it doesn't cost another stamp, and I agree concerning not needing one since the serial number isn't changing. That makes a lot of sense to me, and I wasn't expecting common sense to be allowed. Thank you for answering. I hope it's as inexpensive as possible.
    I got worried for a second when I read that. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure myself I didn’t mean to come off as sarcastic if it seemed that way and I apologize if it did. From what she told me she said to just include the copy of the stamp is all. I’m surprised they’re able to fix silencers. I’m pretty much assuming that a second stamp isn’t required that is of course unless they say “hey sorry your SOL you need a new silencer.” I would definitely just rather it be fixed and sent right back.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I got worried for a second when I read that. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure myself I didn’t mean to come off as sarcastic if it seemed that way and I apologize if it did. From what she told me she said to just include the copy of the stamp is all. I’m surprised they’re able to fix silencers. I’m pretty much assuming that a second stamp isn’t required that is of course unless they say “hey sorry your SOL you need a new silencer.” I would definitely just rather it be fixed and sent right back.
    I definitely understand. It's all good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So long at the serialized part (the tube) does not need to be replaced, no need for another stamp. These guys are able to do amazing things to fix cans and not needing a new serial to do so.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    So long at the serialized part (the tube) does not need to be replaced, no need for another stamp. These guys are able to do amazing things to fix cans and not needing a new serial to do so.
    Yeah it’s just warped at the end cap and the baffling is chewed up inside.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast