Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Ambidextrous Lower! 2020

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Thanks, Montrala.
    No problem. I even took some pictures for reference. Nothing fancy. Actually HK went with simple solution. Maybe they had a bad day?

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So, no ambidextrous lower from G Corp?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm sure G will have an ambi lower in the future.

Gonna be hard for anybody to beat LMT's MARS lowers these days. It's a full ambi lower built by LMT. Outside of KAC updating their IWS lowers, I see no reason to buy any other ambi lower out there.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    I'm sure G will have an ambi lower in the future.

Gonna be hard for anybody to beat LMT's MARS lowers these days. It's a full ambi lower built by LMT. Outside of KAC updating their IWS lowers, I see no reason to buy any other ambi lower out there.
    I feel the same. They do it right and until someone can offer the same (or better) functionality at a competitive price I see no reason to buy any thing else.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    G will do it right after they explicitly state they are NOT going to do it.

I’m tell ya though, after coffee sales tank they’ll do something to make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    You can add FCD/SOLGW to the list for 2020.
    Details, man! You've piqued my interest.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    You can add FCD/SOLGW to the list for 2020.
    Full ambi like LMT? Spill the beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Since it seems clear that BCM’s Mk2 upper will not work with an ambi lower with a right side paddle design, I took a look at the MVB referenced earlier. Very interesting. It uses the same lever to both catch and release the bolt. This is pretty cool, as it separates functions (no mag drop required) while not elevating any pieces above the right side of the lower.

MVB video
    https://youtu.be/xactkG0KYjA

Online reviewer
    https://youtu.be/2xZzJcQAVys
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    That's my sentiment as well. LMT's production is top-notch, they have consistently held very accurate tolerance for decades and I really don't see that changing. It is one brand you could trust. You can say the same thing with KAC too, and I really like how both Mr. Lewis and Mr. Knight (senior) are very down to earth. They don't treat you like "who the hell are you" even when a complete stranger walk over to shake their hands. For that alone I will keep buying their products.

Now back to ambi lower: we have been working on a design for some time now. And here is one question I could never really figure out: Why is the bolt release positioned differently on all the existing ambi AR lowers? Is that purely mechanical packaging limitation, (e.g. clearance of ejection port cover for the right-side control)? Or is there an ergonomic / functional reason behind it? The closest thing I can think of, is that we are just keeping the left side bolt control "as is" to retain muzzle memory for existing right-handed shooters, so we don't have to un-learn / re-learn our habits if we switch to an ambi lower. Otherwise, if we are gonna cut an ambi lower form raw billet anyway, why shouldn't we also move the left side bolt control backwards, to match the right-side position and make it easier to reach?

Valhalla Tactical
    Official Account for ValhallaTactical.com. Clever designs for intelligent marksmen.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I think the left side bolt release is genuinely in the ideal spot to seat a mag and release the bolt with the same hand’s thumb. Shifting it backward, though it would perhaps aid in the left-handed shooter using their trigger finger to actuate the bolt catch, might lessen this more-needed ability. The Geissele Maritime bolt catch addresses the left-handed user’s ability to use the bolt catch by extending the material of the catch itself, rather than the pivot point location, to the rear.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast