Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is the Aimpoint COMP M5S compatible with the Bobro micro mount without spacers???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    749
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is the Aimpoint COMP M5S compatible with the Bobro micro mount without spacers???

    I'm wanting to buy a COMP M5S and put it on a Bobro micro mount (without spacers) to have it mounted as low as possible.

    Is this possible? I figure that someone has to have tried this combination.

    I don't want to buy an M5S and find out that this combination won't work, because then I'll have to send it back and buy the M5 instead which I know will work, but I really rather have the low battery compartment if I can.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-30-19 at 11:29.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    236
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe the footprints are the same on both M5 and M5s except the M5s will sit higher as they had to increase the height to fit the lower battery compartment.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    749
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I believe the footprints are the same on both M5 and M5s except the M5s will sit higher as they had to increase the height to fit the lower battery compartment.
    Hmm, I had no idea about the stand alone height of the M5 and M5S optics themselves without spacers or a mount, but looking at the pictures now with that in mind it's clear that there is a height difference between the two. It looks like this was done in an effort to do away with the mount compatibility issues that the COMP M4S has with different aftermarket mounts.

    So now I really need to decide if the low battery compartment of the M5S is more important to me or the lower mount-ability of the M5.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-30-19 at 21:24.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,320
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't get the 'need to have a low battery / dial' thing.

    I have an M4S and would much prefer an M4, with a high dial, like my Aimpoint Pro. You just put your hand on top of the optic and move the dial. No hunting for the dial when it's down low.
    - Rhino

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    749
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I don't get the 'need to have a low battery / dial' thing.

    I have an M4S and would much prefer an M4, with a high dial, like my Aimpoint Pro. You just put your hand on top of the optic and move the dial. No hunting for the dial when it's down low.
    Doesn't the high battery compartment kind of block your view around the optic? That's my reasoning for wanting to go with the M5S.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,320
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Doesn't the high battery compartment kind of block your view around the optic? That's my reasoning for wanting to go with the M5S.
    If you have both eyes open, you don't even see the optic and nothing blocks your view.

    It's the whole fallacy of "FOV" of a 1x RDS.

    Open both eyes, it doesn't matter at all.
    - Rhino

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    749
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    If you have both eyes open, you don't even see the optic and nothing blocks your view.

    It's the whole fallacy of "FOV" of a 1x RDS.

    Open both eyes, it doesn't matter at all.
    What if you are using the M5 with the high battery tube as a left handed person? I'd think it would be more annoying to a left handed person than a right handed person.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,320
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just don't see the issue with both eyes open, regardless of shooting L or R handed.
    - Rhino

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    749
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I just don't see the issue with both eyes open, regardless of shooting L or R handed.
    Okay, thanks for the input. I might just go with the regular M5.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •