Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable Reliable Lightweight Carbine

Feedback Score

Affordable Reliable Lightweight Carbine

Maybe this is asking too much but what would you recommend for an affordable, lightweight, and reliable carbine for the purpose of HD and training? All that's going on it will be a sling, light and maybe red dot. Hope ya'll are staying healthy. Thanks.

Edit: Would like to try and keep the entire build under a grand.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus15; 03-20-20 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    Rifle: colt, bcm, solgw, sionics (or some others) $900 ish
    Light: streamlight of choice ($100)
    Sling: slingster, vcas, vtac... $40

Dont forget mags and ammo.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Don’t forget sighting system cost; RD/scope.
    $200- (can’t find infinity key)
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For the price you can look at a Sig Tread as well. Usually less than $800. Sig Romeo red dots are decent as well and priced less than $150. For light I'd go a streamlight or even the olight Valkyrie, the non rechargeable version.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You could also check Palmetto State. I think for the price they are decent guns that should serve you well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    Maybe this is asking too much but what would you recommend for an affordable, lightweight, and reliable carbine for the purpose of HD and training? All that's going on it will be a sling, light and maybe red dot. Hope ya'll are staying healthy. Thanks.

Edit: Would like to try and keep the entire build under a grand.

Somewhat contradictory when you are talking about getting a carbine, and in the next sentence you are talking about building one.

Let us know what you are looking to do, and we can figure if we are giving you decent info or just blowing smoke you can't use....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Buy a good lower. Sionics uppers are on clearance at Westernsport. You’re welcome.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Somewhat contradictory when you are talking about getting a carbine, and in the next sentence you are talking about building one.

Let us know what you are looking to do, and we can figure if we are giving you decent info or just blowing smoke you can't use....
    Brother I think he’s referring to gun, light, sling, and RD in terminology of “build”

Colt 6720, BCM, DD$, and quite a few others
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    That PSA premium (complete rifle) with the FN upper I saw on slickguns earlier at $650 is tough to beat (for the money) though you’ll have to vet it first.

I have gotten excellent results in the past from the PSA FN-barreled uppers but it’s been some time (5 years or so) since I owned one.

With all the trash-talk lately about PSA, I’d want to check it up and down to ensure it’s built right.

If you have the dollars and lack the patience or know-how to fix any issues, then I would do as others suggest and buy known quality like solgw, BCM, etc.

Still, the money saved could always help with optics or ammo if you’re on a budget.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast