Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

Feedback Score
    I may just end up getting one VTAC and one VCAS for the two AR’s. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonBanjos View Post
    I may just end up getting one VTAC and one VCAS for the two AR’s. Thanks guys.
    That's honestly the best idea.
    If you need QD swivels got the vtac though, the 1" ones from Blue Force Gear are perfect.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I’ve had both, not bad slings, but IMHO, they both have some minor flaws. You will figure it out.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    The VTAC is more adjustable and will allow for better sling supported shooting. I have owned both and due to the lack of adjustability I went with the VTAC for several deployments. It is also quicker to adjust. I would hold off on buying the BFG for a little longer if that is the route you want to go. They are coming out with a new sling, probably shot show timeframe. Another option is the Ferro Concepts Slingster. I like mine a lot as well.
    This is exactly mirrors my experience.
    Ferro Slingster is my primary preference now.

Feedback Score
    No vtac experience, buy have had a vcas for years and recently got a slingster.
    I like the vcas material stiffness, the slingster slickness, and the slingster adjustment is slightly better (smoother/quicker).

I prefer the unpadded vcas on my shoulder, because its low-profile and I dont carry my rifle for hours. If I did, Id swap to the slingster. Functionally very similar with small pluses and minuses that probably wont matter.

I think it depends on setup and how you interface with it. Loose ends flying around would drive me out of my gourd.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-03-19 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Own the BFG and you can't go wrong with it.

Another option is the Larue Tactical Padded Sling. The only drawback is it has the QD swivels sewn into the webbing, so if you have something other than a QD socket on your rifle, you'd have to get the mounts.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I own both the padded and unpadded VTAC and the VCAS Victory model. I prefer the unpadded VTAC with my IOTV (2 deployments and over a decade of service) it's easier to adjust and it doesn't foul up on things. The hanging piece of sling used to bug me, but never became an issue (YMMV). The new version of the VTAC has a Velcro keeper that prevents the dangling. The VCAS is very good when I am wearing civilian clothes, but the padded VTAC is very good too. I was a little disappointed with my last VCAS as it had more buckles than my older version did.

Unfortunately, this is one those things that's best answered by trying both and seeing which one you prefer. You might want to look at the Ferro Concept slingster, I'm looking at it as a possible next sling.
    Last edited by cd228; 12-04-19 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Own several VCAS and only one VTAC.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run a lot of VCAS slings and have owned the VTAC in the past. I like the wider/thicker webbing on the VCAS, as compared to the thinner webbing on the VTAC. I also run the Magpul MS1 padded slings and have been buying the Ferro Concepts Slingster a lot lately. All of them are solid slings and you can't go wrong with any of them.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Switched from the VTAC to the VCAS because it felt like a cleaner setup once on the rifle. As previously mentioned only one tab for adjustment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast