Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

Looking to buy two slings for two AR’s. Just wanted to see the pros and cons that would make one better than the other.

Feedback Score
    I have both, I like the Blue Force sling better. It has less adjustment points and you just pull the tab to losen or tighten. The Viking has a couple of extra buckles and is a bit more complicated, if you can make a sling that complicated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I have both, I like the Blue Force sling better. It has less adjustment points and you just pull the tab to losen or tighten. The Viking has a couple of extra buckles and is a bit more complicated, if you can make a sling that complicated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I second this. I also like the material of the VCAS better.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

BFG VCAS all the way.

It doesn’t have dangling ends hanging all over the place.

I own 1 VTAC sling which I bought as my first but I now own 8 BFG slings. The VTAC sling is in storage.
    Last edited by boss_hawg; 11-30-19 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    The VTAC is more adjustable and will allow for better sling supported shooting. I have owned both and due to the lack of adjustability I went with the VTAC for several deployments. It is also quicker to adjust. I would hold off on buying the BFG for a little longer if that is the route you want to go. They are coming out with a new sling, probably shot show timeframe. Another option is the Ferro Concepts Slingster. I like mine a lot as well.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    The VTAC is more adjustable and will allow for better sling supported shooting. I have owned both and due to the lack of adjustability I went with the VTAC for several deployments. It is also quicker to adjust. I would hold off on buying the BFG for a little longer if that is the route you want to go. They are coming out with a new sling, probably shot show timeframe. Another option is the Ferro Concepts Slingster. I like mine a lot as well.
    This is exactly mirrors my experience.
    Ferro Slingster is my primary preference now.

Feedback Score
    No vtac experience, buy have had a vcas for years and recently got a slingster.
    I like the vcas material stiffness, the slingster slickness, and the slingster adjustment is slightly better (smoother/quicker).

I prefer the unpadded vcas on my shoulder, because its low-profile and I dont carry my rifle for hours. If I did, Id swap to the slingster. Functionally very similar with small pluses and minuses that probably wont matter.

I think it depends on setup and how you interface with it. Loose ends flying around would drive me out of my gourd.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-03-19 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Own the BFG and you can't go wrong with it.

Another option is the Larue Tactical Padded Sling. The only drawback is it has the QD swivels sewn into the webbing, so if you have something other than a QD socket on your rifle, you'd have to get the mounts.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I own both the padded and unpadded VTAC and the VCAS Victory model. I prefer the unpadded VTAC with my IOTV (2 deployments and over a decade of service) it's easier to adjust and it doesn't foul up on things. The hanging piece of sling used to bug me, but never became an issue (YMMV). The new version of the VTAC has a Velcro keeper that prevents the dangling. The VCAS is very good when I am wearing civilian clothes, but the padded VTAC is very good too. I was a little disappointed with my last VCAS as it had more buckles than my older version did.

Unfortunately, this is one those things that's best answered by trying both and seeing which one you prefer. You might want to look at the Ferro Concept slingster, I'm looking at it as a possible next sling.
    Last edited by cd228; 12-04-19 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The VCAS is simple and easy to use. The VTAC, as a basic sling, seemed “too complicated.” Understand that it isn’t complicated, but had unnecessary dangling ends, etc, for my basic uses.
    I also greatly prefer the materials of the padded and regular VCAS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast