Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

Feedback Score

Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

Looking to buy two slings for two AR’s. Just wanted to see the pros and cons that would make one better than the other.

Feedback Score
    I have both, I like the Blue Force sling better. It has less adjustment points and you just pull the tab to losen or tighten. The Viking has a couple of extra buckles and is a bit more complicated, if you can make a sling that complicated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Viking Tactics VTAC Wide Hybrid Sling vs Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling

BFG VCAS all the way.

It doesn’t have dangling ends hanging all over the place.

I own 1 VTAC sling which I bought as my first but I now own 8 BFG slings. The VTAC sling is in storage.
    Last edited by boss_hawg; 11-30-19 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I have both, I like the Blue Force sling better. It has less adjustment points and you just pull the tab to losen or tighten. The Viking has a couple of extra buckles and is a bit more complicated, if you can make a sling that complicated.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I second this. I also like the material of the VCAS better.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The VTAC is more adjustable and will allow for better sling supported shooting. I have owned both and due to the lack of adjustability I went with the VTAC for several deployments. It is also quicker to adjust. I would hold off on buying the BFG for a little longer if that is the route you want to go. They are coming out with a new sling, probably shot show timeframe. Another option is the Ferro Concepts Slingster. I like mine a lot as well.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The VCAS is simple and easy to use. The VTAC, as a basic sling, seemed “too complicated.” Understand that it isn’t complicated, but had unnecessary dangling ends, etc, for my basic uses.
    I also greatly prefer the materials of the padded and regular VCAS.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Another vote for the VTAC, though I’ve come to not really like how stiff it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Been using the VTAC since 2010. It’s been through a couple deployments and many ranges, FTXs, as well as they’re on my rifles at home. That being said, I’ve always wanted to give the VCAS a try...
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I prefer the VTAC for duty and personal use. It is slightly more complex than the Blue Force, but I find it easier to adjust all the same, ymmv. Really can't go wrong with either.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I own both and love both. In fact, I'm about to buy another VTAC, and I just bought another VCAS. They each have pros and cons, it depends on your setup.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast