Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Python

Feedback Score
    Well since it seems like literally every YouTube video extant outside those produced by Colt’s has the new Python showing up cosmetically damaged, or mechanically defective I’d say it won’t be long.

Colt’s royally screwed the pooch on this one. Revolver people watch Hickok45 and even Hickok45 got a defective 2020 Python, his test sample had the cylinder stop advancing. I’ve cruised through the Colt forums and there are other reports of botched Pythons.

So in a few months everyone who is interested in firearms is unfortunately going to know that the new Python is plagued with problems. At which point Colt’s will have a tough time giving them away, just like Remington with the R51. Then they’ll go bankrupt permanently.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well since it seems like literally every YouTube video extant outside those produced by Colt’s has the new Python showing up cosmetically damaged, or mechanically defective I’d say it won’t be long.

Colt’s royally screwed the pooch on this one. Revolver people watch Hickok45 and even Hickok45 got a defective 2020 Python, his test sample had the cylinder stop advancing. I’ve cruised through the Colt forums and there are other reports of botched Pythons.

So in a few months everyone who is interested in firearms is unfortunately going to know that the new Python is plagued with problems. At which point Colt’s will have a tough time giving them away, just like Remington with the R51. Then they’ll go bankrupt permanently.
    Damn what a shame. I’ve wanted a Python for a long time. I have a SW 686+ in the 6 inch. My first one was almost shooting sideways. Turned out the barrel wasn’t cut properly and the cylinder was grinding against it. SW sent me a box to ship it out in, and sent a brand new gun to my FFL. Hadn’t had a problem since and that was almost ten years ago. I wonder how colt is accommodating. I’m also tempted to PO one on Sportsman’s Warehouse since I fear this gun will fade into obscurity yet again.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I was really really excited and now..... not so much. Just disgusted.

Colt’s customer service has an exceedingly poor reputation for turn around time. Like service times approach a year to get your gun back.

Maybe Colt’s can make the now Herculean effort to make all these guns right, and do it fast, but I doubt it. The cost of RMA’s and reworking these guns (assuming there are lots of them or even all of them) will kill the model. Colt’s financial position is questionable and a shit load of defective revolvers is probably not something they can afford. Especially these days when word on how bad the product is can be disseminated in an instant. Today’s shooters largely will not accepting premium prices for guns that don’t work, and they research before they buy. The Python most likely dead at this point. Stillborn.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mine should ship tomorrow. Will give it a very good inspection before I complete the 4473.

Edit, shipping today.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-17-20 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Mine should ship tomorrow. Will give it a very good inspection before I complete the 4473.
    Where did you get it from?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    Where did you get it from?
    Was just going to PM it, but here is where I found it. Took a constant eye watching inventory but one popped in stock last Saturday and I scooped it up.

Deleted link
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-21-20 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Wise.

I suggest following DA revolver inspection procedure very strictly.

This is for a S&W, but the principal is the same:

https://youtu.be/95xjizDOrcc

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Wise.

I suggest following DA revolver inspection procedure very strictly.

This is for a S&W, but the principal is the same:

https://youtu.be/95xjizDOrcc
    Sent my Dan Wesson 44 to CZ to have them go through it, replace all the springs and worn items as well as retime it. Pretty fresh on my mind on checking lock up in DA and SA. Cost almost as much for the service work as what I paid for the gun back in the day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    What are the chances this sells below MSRP? Or is the demand going to be too high to sell it for less?
    My guess is to let the initial excitement wear off and one might find it below MSRP. Another reason to wait is the inevitable teething issues for a new model. There are so many used magnums out there so if you need one right away I would look on the used market.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    My guess is to let the initial excitement wear off and one might find it below MSRP. Another reason to wait is the inevitable teething issues for a new model. There are so many used magnums out there so if you need one right away I would look on the used market.
    For now I have it pre ordered on Sportsman Outdoor Superstore for $1499. I can cancel at any time. I’ve only dealt with Colt for spare parts which they’ve sent to me for my LE6920 for free. My LGS told me they have a long list of reserves for the python as well and they won’t even give me a price which is also surprising.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast