Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Colt Python

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Is that something specific to the Python? Iím new to revolvers and have about 30rds out of my Cobra.
    It was present on the Pythons and anacondas. It did seem to me the King Cobras did it as well but itís been so long since I shot one I donít remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    It was present on the Pythons and anacondas. It did seem to me the King Cobras did it as well but itís been so long since I shot one I donít remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I believe it is due to Colt trigger return spring design. V-shape, dual purpose spring (hammer spring also IIRC) not a separate spring like S&W uses.
    Thanks guys, definitely something to keep in mind.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Read on another site that the crown defects were from the jig that secures on the barrel to perform the polishing process. They have since corrected this issue and secure by another way.

The above was paraphrased from Coltís response the person posted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Read on another site that the crown defects were from the jig that secures on the barrel to perform the polishing process. They have since corrected this issue and secure by another way.

The above was paraphrased from Coltís response the person posted.
    Obviously itís wishful thinking but Iíd have to think theyíre currently on the next run of revolvers which should be free (hopefully) of detects. Hopefully the Python I have on PO with Sportsman Outdoors doesnít have issues.

Question is when will they hit stores or start shipping again?

Feedback Score
    Well I am a big fan of Python barrels, so much so that back in the day I had a Cougar built for me by Davis company.

So with the new Pythons here, I just put bids on a Ruger service 6 so I can build a 3 or 4 inch barreled one to go with my 6" Cougar

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789