Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Colt Python

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    Say it does have the box and papers. The scratch can be fixed if the gun is re blued I assume. What does that do to value?
    Exactly what you probably think not having the original finish on it does to the value: nothing good. It's a "collector's gun" that's not in collectable condition. And as an actual weapon, it's far from ideal, so that puts it the "not worth having" category in my book.

Collector's items should be in collectable condition; defensive weapons should excel in that role. This is neither.
    Last edited by georgeib; 02-12-20 at 20:09.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Refinishing kills collector value on collectable guns.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Now there is video out there of the 2020 cylinder turning and the hammer not moving. GEEZ!!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looks like the explanation Colt is offering on the 2020 Python not rotating the cylinder is a loose side plate. Hopefully that is all it is. I hope to get mine back soon. Mine was sent in for cosmetic issues only.

Was watching a video today and the Colt rep was saying the hand fitted parts are still machined to fit. Guess the frame is secured in a jig and a CNC machine takes measurements on the frame and cuts the parts to fit. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess ok as long as that CNC machine is never scrapped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Looks like the explanation Colt is offering on the 2020 Python not rotating the cylinder is a loose side plate. Hopefully that is all it is. I hope to get mine back soon. Mine was sent in for cosmetic issues only.

Was watching a video today and the Colt rep was saying the hand fitted parts are still machined to fit. Guess the frame is secured in a jig and a CNC machine takes measurements on the frame and cuts the parts to fit. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess ok as long as that CNC machine is never scrapped.
    The COLT FORUM has been banning people who have raised concerns about the new COLT Python. I am glad there are suckers out there eager to serve as beta-testers on products that are released without thorough QC testing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    The COLT FORUM has been banning people who have raised concerns about the new COLT Python. I am glad there are suckers out there eager to serve as beta-testers on products that are released without thorough QC testing.
    Yeah I know, I typically hold off too, figured Colt would know they are under a microscope on this one and it would be gtg out the gate. They seemed to introduce the cobras without much issue.....

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

We tend not to encourage cross-forum drama here. Just an FYI since you are new. But creating pissing contests between forums is something that has happened in the past, and we needs to stay in the past. If you have an issue with another forum, it needs to stay there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Colt Python

I mean that is Sig’s MO so that’s not a surprise. Just hope they get this whole thing fixed.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 02-22-20 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    Well, whether or not the new Python is up to the challenge of it's ancestors, it's still more than I would spend on a revolver. I went as high as 800 dollars on one a while back, but I just can't see me paying the money for the new release Colts. JMHO
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    Well, whether or not the new Python is up to the challenge of it's ancestors, it's still more than I would spend on a revolver. I went as high as 800 dollars on one a while back, but I just can't see me paying the money for the new release Colts. JMHO
    The old ones kind of sucked. So far, they seem to be better than the old ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast