Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Legal Process for Building my own suppressor ??

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What kind of tooling is used to do the clipping of a baffle anyways?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    What kind of tooling is used to do the clipping of a baffle anyways?
    For my silly ass, it's a drill press and file or dremel. Clipping after boring them out is a pain... especially since it's titanium.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We shot this can on the 300 Win Mag again last weekend. The additional work to the can was REALLY impressive there. It was loud as hell on the Win Mag before.

Looks like Superprecisionconcepts now has better baffle options.... More cone shaped with better angles. We have a buddy getting ready to do one of these kits. It sucks that those baffles weren't available for this can, but it's all good in the end.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I’m somewhat interested in buying one of these solvent kits, specifically the JK Armament but...like that it’s modular in that you can change the length.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I’m somewhat interested in buying one of these solvent kits, specifically the JK Armament but...like that it’s modular in that you can change the length.
    https://form1suppressor.boards.net/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We shot this can on the 300 Win Mag again last weekend. The additional work to the can was REALLY impressive there. It was loud as hell on the Win Mag before.

Looks like Superprecisionconcepts now has better baffle options.... More cone shaped with better angles. We have a buddy getting ready to do one of these kits. It sucks that those baffles weren't available for this can, but it's all good in the end.
    I will second that the difference is dramatic. I tolerated that can on a 6.5 before, now it manages a 300 with grace. No way I would have believed it could be so dramatic. I mean NO WAY. Made me want to do another it was so good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes,

Good to hear the clips worked out.

Got any pictures of the modified baffles?

I'm adding another baffle and doing the scoop mod to the existing baffles. It's not quiet enough as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I will second that the difference is dramatic. I tolerated that can on a 6.5 before, now it manages a 300 with grace. No way I would have believed it could be so dramatic. I mean NO WAY. Made me want to do another it was so good.

PB
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Good to hear the clips worked out.

Got any pictures of the modified baffles?
    I didn't get any. They were far from uniform, but they seemed to work. If I can get a pic of the blast baffle next time, I'll post it.

Feedback Score

Form 1 cans

Markm
    You might see a improvement after a few hundred rounds through it, my 5.56 F1 was a "dud" for first few hundred rounds on a 16 in barrel. I about gave up on it and was using it on a 5.7 then tried it on my 10.5 SBR that has become it's home. It's seen a few thousand rounds through it now on it. I built it as a learning experience not expecting a good can but it's turned out better than I expected but a heavy a## brick. I have ran it hard with long strings of firing of few hundred rounds in short time.
    I need to locate the print cards I have and submit a few more F 1s
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've read that dirty baffles work a little better. I've never noticed that on any of the cans we run, but it's possible.

The modifications to this can were dramatic. You couldn't shoot it comfortably on a 300 Win Mag before. Now it's just fine.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast