Thread: Legal Process for Building my own suppressor ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    How did you decide on the specs of your can in regards to length, O.D. and number of baffles? I see it going to be a .30 caliber can- I assume you'll use it up to .300 Winchester?
    I bought the longest practical tube they offered. 7.0 inches. I think there's a 9.0, but this is already the size of most of our other full size cans. After that, I just spaced the baffles apart to approximate the same stuff we see in most other cans (which turned out to be 1" spacers with a 1/2" spacer behind the endcap which takes up a 1/2 inch of the tube due to threading.

That left me 5 baffles with a modest blast chamber. The nice thing is if it seems too loud, I can pull it apart and re-configure. But it pretty well mimics most layouts I've seen. (except for Sig who uses as many baffles as there are pages in a phone book.

And, Yes. It will be fired on 300 win mag, but probably will get used on 6.5 Prius (creedmore).

I'll try to post pics of the stack, but when it's not in the main tube it's like herding kittens to get them to stay in place for a photo.
    Last edited by markm; 03-04-20 at 11:37.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v