Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal Process for Building my own suppressor ??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Might try reaching out to BigWaylon. He posted some a while back that he made.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...99#post2115299

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I did a ton of reading and youtube watching on this recently. It seems a pretty straightforward process. What caliber are you going with and what amount of overbore?
    It's a 5/8 - 20 direct thread, so it'll be a 30 cal can with pretty good overbore. I may open the cap a little more than the baffles.
    Last edited by markm; 03-03-20 at 13:26.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I can’t vouch for the info on the site but there is a dedicated form 1 board.

https://form1suppressor.boards.net/b...cussion?page=2

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like Pappabear will have more man hours in getting the F1 e-submitted than I will building the can....
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Following this as I'm planning on doing the same.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Legal Process for Building my own suppressor ??

If any of you guys are on bookface there are a couple good groups to follow. Lots of info out there.

Also The form1 suppressor boards linked early is legit.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Got the eforms submitted today. Sending in prints tomorrow. Process in full motion. Shout out to Big D for the help.

I’ll keep everyone up to date.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Intrigued to see how this works out. I know that the cost will be comparable to a purchased can, but the allure of the "do it yourself" work is quite neat. Also, the fact that you're the manufacturer should make repair significantly easier should you need to change anything.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Intrigued to see how this works out. I know that the cost will be comparable to a purchased can, but the allure of the "do it yourself" work is quite neat. Also, the fact that you're the manufacturer should make repair significantly easier should you need to change anything.
    That's the thing. We got one extra end cap that could be drilled out if we got a cap strike. There was another dealer that had similar kits her in AZ, but they quit selling the parts supposedly due to the ATF. So having repair parts isn't a bad idea with the way ATF just makes shit up as they go.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We went with the Superprecisionconcepts (I think) kit. It's a 1.5" diameter all Titanium can. It'll have 5 baffles. I'll get some pics up as I get them. We're waiting for the stamp before doing any drilling, but I cut the spacers segments, and assembled what will be the can.

It weighs 11.1 oz prior to drilling out the end cap and baffles.

It's hard to map out the build until you get the parts in front of you. So we had to order another section of spacer titanium. Total into the can is about $500... so It's nearly as much as buying a can, but it's really the fun of doing your own build.
    How did you decide on the specs of your can in regards to length, O.D. and number of baffles? I see it going to be a .30 caliber can- I assume you'll use it up to .300 Winchester?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast