Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 17 still relevant?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The 17 fits my hands better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Raven Concealment Eidolon, Dale Fricke Archangel, G-Code Incog, Keepers Concealment Keeper, CNC Holsters Keroman V2, PHLster Floodlight.

Foam wedge, claw, soft loops, molded loops, one loop or two.

Ares Aegis, Ares Ranger, Magpul El Original, Milt Sparks, Volund Gearworks Atlas, 5.11 Rigger.

Glock 43, Beretta 92, Glock 19, Glock 17, STI Staccato P.

No weapon light, X300U, XC-1E.

Iron sights or RMR.

I've read everything I can on the subject from skinny dudes and fat dudes - and probably watched most of their videos about concealment.

I've tried a thing or two over the last eight years: Small guns, big guns, heavy guns, light guns, guns with weapon lights, holsters with wedges, holsters without wedges, claws, floppy belts, stiff belts, thick belts, thin belts, nylon belts, leather belts. None of them work acceptably for me.

Can it work acceptably for other people? Absolutely. I know it, I've seen it.

But they will not fit well in clothing tailored for me and I will not fit well in clothing tailored for them.

AIWB is not some sort of do-all fix for concealing a Glock 19 or any other handgun. And to pretend otherwise (as someone else in this thread has stated) demonstrates absolute brain-dead stupidity.
    So you quote where I say it's not THE way, but A way, then proceed to tell me I'm wrong, because it's not THE way... as I stated...

Something something brain dead stupidity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    That's a 34 with a X300 and four mags on the range. The 19 is little and I don't care for it, but I understand it has a place. It's just not for me.

Let me repeat, AIWB carry is A way, not THE way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You're a big 'ol boy. You wear a 34 about like I wear a 43!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to carry a 19 in 17 holster, but I can carry a 17 with no issues. A 34 is better for me, because the holster is longer and conceals better. I understand that the 19 has a place, but it’s not for me. Such things don’t make the 17 irrelevant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    17s are boomer gats.

19 all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Um you would be surprised how big me and Euro are, and I make him look petite, and the G19 suits us fine.

I kinda like that it is compact as I can get a hell of a purchase on it.
    I'm quoting these because of a post Eurodriver made in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I pocket carry exclusively. If it won’t fit in my pocket I won’t carry.
    It's rather amusing for one to dictate what is and isn't relevant when one's only method of carry is in a pocket with a subcompact. If a 17 is a boomer gun, what is a pocket gun?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    I'm quoting these because of a post Eurodriver made in another thread.

It's rather amusing for one to dictate what is and isn't relevant when one's only method of carry is in a pocket with a subcompact. If a 17 is a boomer gun, what is a pocket gun?
    All the boomers that I know pocket carry.

Feedback Score
    for people who says the 17 is boomer gun does not have to wear sub zero gloves on with a TLR-1 on the weapon. specially being out in the elements for weeks at a time. I tried the 19 but grip is way too short to draw and shoot. I could see the appeal of the G45 or 19X, but whats the point with a TLR-1 on the weapon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I pocket carry too but only because I cannot be arsed to wear a holster on my own time only I pocket carry a G19. Like hand on the Bible.

FWIW I have 2 G17s. An old old old one and a Gen 4 and both sit up unshot these days.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I pocket carry too but only because I cannot be arsed to wear a holster on my own time only I pocket carry a G19.
    You do you, pal.

Your odd practices don't invalidate the relevance of the G17.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast