Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 17 still relevant?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I can tell y'all from experience that when you get the heel of your hand in the magwell along with the magazine when reloading a Glock 19 in big hurry, it hurts bad enough to maybe you pee a little bit and make your eyes water. And whatever Zen you were working with is gone, and all of a sudden the Glock 17 takes on a new kind of relevancy.
    Flared magwells exist

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I can tell y'all from experience that when you get the heel of your hand in the magwell along with the magazine when reloading a Glock 19 in big hurry, it hurts bad enough to maybe you pee a little bit and make your eyes water. And whatever Zen you were working with is gone, and all of a sudden the Glock 17 takes on a new kind of relevancy.
    I'm just a boy.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Flared magwells exist
    A cheaper solution is to use a G17 mag as your reload mag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    A cheaper solution is to use a G17 mag as your reload mag.
    Cheapest solution is not to have fat mitts but I’m too nice to say that

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Some of us are endowed with large appendages. And are grateful to the Maker for that too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The movie "A Christmas Story". Remember the ugly ginger kid that harassed kids and his sidekick that followed him around and repeated everything he said? Yeah, that's what this reminds me of.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don’t overthink that. I didn’t mean like biology ecosystems. I mean like Apple computers style ecosystems where my iPad does what I need it to do.

Perhaps I should have said “A properly curated cache of equipment”

Like the rest of M4C, I like my dirty anime cartoons and late 90s PC gaming. And within that construct, one thinks it’s a good idea to play Gun Pokemon.
    Or the worst case, someone along the way shoves a weapon in your hand and says “This is what you will use because I said so”.

So you use it, learn it, know it, do it.
    Then as time and technology evolve you start to realize that what you were using was totally dictated on someone elses bias.

Then you start thinking about the most important things like weight, consistency, efficiency, effectiveness, real estate, and future-proofing.

The trends of small arms point the same way: Polymer, striker fired, relatively compact.

You shouldn’t be thinking about nor questioning your gear when time comes to use if.

Talking about guns makes us feel better and is more fun because it’s one of those masculine things we like to do. Argue over dogs, cars, horses, sports, the weather, politics. We can spend decades arguing over two calibers

But in that we forget the real questions:

-How much did you run today?
    -How many push ups?
    -Can you do First Aid
    -Can you do light vehicle repair?
    -Do you have friends?
    -If Active LE, do you know of any changes to municipal or state law that happened that aren’t on your cheat sheet?
    -How’s your general health?
    -Do you have commo gear outside big brother’s range?
    -If you were stuck with no power and only what you had on you for two weeks, would you be fvcked?
    -Do you have a pen and paper?
    -Do you have a towel?
    -Do you have a belt?
    -Are your feet calloused well enough that if you lost shoes, you could still travel on foot?

By cutting out the gun drama, one can focus on the stuff that can really get you hemmed up.

I’m not hating on G17s. I have two. Shan’t part with them but they don’t see use.

The purpose of the thread is to generate thought.
    It’s essentially “Sell me this pen”.

I’m gonna use what I’m gonna use and expect no different from anyone else but I ultimately want people to justify their use of equipment that is otherwise beyond criticism.

There is no real question of the G17. But beyond that, for those who have a choice; is it still relevant? In your daily life, your duties, your self preservation.

I’ve read a lot of excellent reasons for why people prefer their G17 and I’ve also read a lot of “Well because I said so”.

You are always being tested at all times. That is the first thing I learned when I became a Zen Master.
    You left first aid kit out of your list, no serious dude goes out without a TQ strapped to his body someplace.

Somewhere in all that response you mentioned why I am somewhat blase about the gun of the week - I grew up getting used to what folks told me to carry.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You left first aid kit out of your list, no serious dude goes out without a TQ strapped to his body someplace.

Somewhere in all that response you mentioned why I am somewhat blase about the gun of the week - I grew up getting used to what folks told me to carry.
    You think a Belt is a fashion accessory?

You dont need a CAT to have a TQ.
    You know me a little better than most ’round here.
    I may speak in riddles but never do I lie or leave anything out

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You seem to be have a wealth of bad information.

Feedback Score

A belt is a terrible TQ. You could better make one out of your tee shirt than belt.

It’s 2020....how can people still be spreading such bad information? Next you’re going to tell me you carry tampons for plugging holes to your core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast