Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 17 still relevant?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use a 17 because it was what I was given. I’d prefer a 45 but because my x300 is longer than the chin of either it honestly doesn’t matter.

I prefer the profile of the back strap on the 17 and 45 to the 19 and I have no problem hiding the longer grip when I carry so I was stoked when the 19x was first announced. The 45MOS is about the perfect Glock IMO. If 15 rounders for the 43X get off the ground I will be pretty excited.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ok I personally don’t get the g45 thing at all.

Like unless your running a can or want to get your honking comp on it does nothing better than a G17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I make the opposite argument. The 17 does nothing better for me than the 45. I carry appendix sometimes and the shorter barrel makes it a little bit more comfortable without giving up anything. I shoot the 45 just as fast and accurately as the 17. Why do I need that extra half inch of barrel?

Feedback Score
    I go the other way than has been largely discussed here in regards to grip length and carry a Glock 19 with a 17 round magazine for EDC. The handgrip of the Glock 19 is just a little differently shaped than that of the 17 and it fits my hand better. I'm a big guy and can hide a large gun without issue, and would just as soon have the two extra rounds.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Think the G19X and G45 are “better” options than a 17 right now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

hoping it gets obtainable because a 17 sized gun I could configure to a G45 would be the answer to a niche if that works like that.

See, I would rather get an RMR on something like that than a G34.
    That's a separate discussion, something that I ansd my buddy GJM has spoken about many times. Me myself, I don't even have a 17 or 34. My full grip sized Glock is G19x with multiple slides / optic options. I kind of like how that thing cycles. He likes how it cycles too, but when he compares match results, he does better with optic enabled 34. He is an M class shooter so we could take it that he is capable in assessing feelings vs results. I have another very strong M class shooting buddy who prefers the 17, with optic on it as well.

We can discuss the physical dimensions and what makes sense these day, for what needs, with optic, without optic etc. Or we can put a couple of runs/drills/matches on timer and see what we like. Either ways is OK.
    Personally, if we're talking the dimensions only, the gun that doesn't hold much relevance for me any longer is a G19.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-01-19 at 23:25.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Maybe Glock's December 10th announcement is the discontinuation of the G17

...https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-December-10th...

Then G17 sales will spike
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Think the G19X and G45 are “better” options than a 17 right now.
    This is where I'm at. I have four 17/22's. I never really warmed to the 19's and only have one because the price was right. Haven't really shot any of the 17's since I got my 19X.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This is where I'm at. I have four 17/22's. I never really warmed to the 19's and only have one because the price was right. Haven't really shot any of the 17's since I got my 19X.
    I have one G45 MOS and two P80 guns. The G45 felt great but I shoot better with my VP9 Tactical so I did the Tacticool thing and got a Flux for plinking. With that said, I always recommend the G19X, G45 and oddly enough a G43X for first time shooters.

Feedback Score
    Regarding the "duty pistol" category, the Army (from what I've read) is probably going to be the only service adopting the full-size M17. All the other branches are opting for the smaller M18.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast