Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got denied pending yesterday

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

Got denied pending yesterday

Got denied a transfer yesterday (11/30). Guy at the shop said it has happened a lot recently. Said they are busy and this seems to backup what he said. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ign=20191201:p

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Denied or delayed? There is a HUGE difference. A deny is permanent until you get it cleared up with the FBI. A delay is simply them doing more research or something is slowing down their research. It seems to be becoming more common, but most of mine that I handle are cleared up within 15 minutes or so.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The gunshop guy said denied but gave me a date (the 5th) or sooner. He got my phone number and said sometimes they call right back. Sounds like he meant delayed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yea thats a delayed.

It happens when NICS is stupid busy.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    yea thats a delayed.

It happens when NICS is stupid busy.
    It can happen for a million reasons, including IT problems, but because of confidentiality, you'll likely never know why.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Even during slow times of the year, I have experienced a delay or pushed to a secondary level when I've had pending NFA stuff like a Form 1. It's always been resolved in 15 minutes or less.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    The gunshop guy said denied but gave me a date (the 5th) or sooner. He got my phone number and said sometimes they call right back. Sounds like he meant delayed.
    Agreed, sound like he meant delayed. He must be new, because that's not something gun shops generally get confused.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    He got the approval call at 2 this afternoon. He says it happens a lot. Maybe it has something to do with him doing on a cell phone.

Feedback Score
    When I did gun sales, most people who got delayed had no reason for the delay. Sometimes it just happens randomly. People who get a true denial usually know, or have at least an idea, as to why, even if the denial was wrong.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Do you have a Concealed Carry permit?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast