The way I see it, it wasn't one thing that killed the Germans, there were many factors. I think the biggest issue for them was all that stupid mega tank stuff and wanting everything to fit multiple roles.

Had they built 60,000+ Panzer IV tanks and just said to hell with the Tigers, dual purpose ME262s, semi auto rifles that are also bolt action if needed, and stupid crap like building pistols until May 1945, it would have been an uglier Eastern Theater. They went from Bltizkrieg to retreat as fast as you can and lost any slow rolling and problematic tanks that way. Mainly the "cats."

I know rifles mean about nothing in the overall war effort but when your paratroopers lose all their guns because they can't jump with them attached, how are you supposed to fight Americans with pistols and neato HJ knives you earned for hating Jews more than someone else? FG42 seems awesome until its in a swamp you can't get to. Point is, they had a lot of flaws tied to overly complex equipment

At the end of the day, Hitler, SS, and the Nazi party as a whole were just a costume. There were a lot of blind followers willing to relive the glory days of the Ottoman Empire, and some wanting to reclaim Teutonic land. That's why Czechoslovakia got boned by the Germans: reclamation of Sudetenland. Lots of German folks wanted to feel German again, no matter how F'd up it was before. Kinda like how a lot of people thought the 50s and nuclear families were the perfect era. 1918-1936 is 18 years. We've literally been in Afghanistan that long, just as a perspective. Things have changed a lot since 9/11 yet we have people wanting to go back to those days and the Clinton era especially. Theres a grand illusion about the good ole days and the US is not the only country affected.

I will be watching this tonight, always interesting to hear new info and different concepts behind such an insane time. Wish there was more stuff on USSR too.