Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint Pro

Feedback Score

Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint Pro

Santa provided funds for a red dot. I have $400 and am looking at either the Trijicon MRO Green 2 MOA or the Aimpoint Pro. I can spend no more. I have found both, with mounts, for under $400, shipped, from an online retailer.

I find the Trijicon appealing because it is relatively compact and light weight and I like the Green dot. The Aimpoint Pro is an Aimpoint and is perhaps the best "budget" Aimpoint available. I am not an Operator or a professional. Just a guy who wants reliable gear and looking for a simple single red dot for my AR (a Colt).

My feeling is that Trijicon and Aimpoint have a well established product and are known for reliability.

Your thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Anyone?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the MRO better for sure. But I would strongly suggest that you NOT get the green dot. Battery only lasts a small fraction of the red dot.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I did not realize that. Why is it that the green dot consumes more battery life than the red?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Lew, if you can find somewhere local that sells the MRO you need to get your eyes behind them, preferably mounted on a rifle. I bought 2 MROs (with Scalarworks mounts, paid a pretty penny) when they came out and ended up selling them. Best I can explain is that they made my eyes tired using for extended shooting sessions. Initially they seemed ok though, and they worked for short hikes where I would shoot maybe 10-15 rounds in my yard.

There is an updated MRO but I have zero experience with them.

I have and still use an Aimpoint PRO (and clone Micros and a used LCO). I would love to have standardized on the MRO though, by the numbers they are great.

Feedback Score
    I apologize, I should have said that I had the first gen MRO and frankly, did not like it. Tinting and fisheye. I've been a lifelong Aimpoint user, but...I've since downsized my guns and optics and now am looking simply for a good options for an RDS on my Colt AR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LewWallace View Post
    Thanks, I did not realize that. Why is it that the green dot consumes more battery life than the red?
    Any green optic consumes more power than the red counterpart, However it still will last for over a year. I run the green dot on my 6.8 spc II build.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, I'm not an Operator operating operationally, so I am not too concerned about battery life. Thanks, however, for the battery life comments.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aimpoint pro. I regret buying the mro.

Feedback Score
    Why do you regret buying the MRO? And which version did you buy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast