You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You would hear a lot of Fortune Son
    It ain't me...

Feedback Score
    This is a little off topic but I just got an email from KAK Industry LLC (makers of tungsten buffer weights among other things) saying they are GIVING VIRGINIA RESIDENTS A 20% DISCOUNT.

https://www.kakindustry.com/

I thought it was a nice touch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Do you not know Matt Bracken?
    It said infowars on the video so I turned it off. I used to follow Alex Jones but then I turned 17

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsahak View Post
    It looks to me like the Dems have backed themselves into an interesting corner.

1 - If they back down and don't pass the laws, they have lost their teeth and will come off as weak and powerless.
    2 - If they pass laws that are just ignored by the populace and the law enforcement that is suppose to be their strong arm, they again, lose their teeth and come off as weak and powerless.
    3 - They step straight into undeniable tyranny if they push a "LEO vs LEO" or "NG vs LEO" narrative, start going door to door, etc. That will start a straight up armed uprising. Again, making them the bad guys and reversing much of what they wish to do.

It would appear that their only real hope of coming out fairly unscathed would be to pass the laws, have the VCDL, or maybe the suddenly, suspiciously quite NRA and whatever other group file a law suit and injunctions to stop them and lose at the federal or SCOTUS level after the laws are declared unconstitutional. Then they can shrug their shoulders and yell "Trump". Any other way, and it would appear that they will not come out of this looking very good and with serious political egg on their face.

Thoughts?
    I'm hoping that this just screws them over, and I agree that the points you brought up make sense. However, I do have a worry about how they can salvage this. They may not have anticipated the massive push back from...well...pretty much the entire state minus the DC counties and the Richmond area. However, Fairfax, Loudoun, Arlington, Richmond, and Prince William are all so overwhelmingly Democrat now that VA is now permanently blue. This level of aggressiveness is only going to strengthen the resolve of those leftist voters. They won't say "we f**ked up now". They'll just say, "Okay, not yet. Soon though." They'll then find ways to change the law to reduce the sheriffs' powers, stall, and wait for more carpetbaggers and college students to move in and turn some of the sanctuary counties blue.

Also, even if VA is not ready for troops to go door to door for guns, this may inspire more uniformly blue states like CT, NJ, and MA, to start sending troopers and guardsmen door to door. CT, for example, doesn't have any counties, and thus no sheriffs. Every town in the state that has a local PD is blue, and any of the few red towns are so small that they're directly under the CT State Police. There's no place to hide in the Northeast, and the pro-gun allies are few and far between. I know a lot of good cops and troopers in those states who won't participate in raids, but no agencies with the power of a sheriff's office that can actually defend the community against the state.

I also have a feel that if/when bans get overturned, the blue states will do something like declare themselves "Constitution-free sanctuaries." That is, they basically declare that the Supreme Court can suck a dick, they're taking the guns anyway, and if anybody has a problem with that, they can print out a copy of the court decision, tape it to their shirt, and see if it stops the incoming bullets of the soldiers coming for their guns. If anyone wants to march in the streets, the troops will respond and the end result will be Tiananmen Square? Never heard of it.

It's going to be a tense few months, but it sounds like we're coming close to being back on the Lexington Town common.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colorado had the mag ban come down in ‘13. Sheriffs fought it, legislators were recalled, and multiple repeal efforts to no avail. Ban is still on the books.

Stores sell parts kits, folks run standard cap mags at ranges and not many bat an eye. But that’s not to say you can’t get rolled up.

Compare to NY/CT above where it’s a whole AWB and mag ban and combined with more of an authoritarian/snitch climate and you get a situation where you don’t dare bring those things out of the basement.

Leaving these kinds of issues up to the good judgement of authorities is dangerous ground as the Overton window moves left.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    It said infowars on the video so I turned it off. I used to follow Alex Jones but then I turned 17
    Your missing out if you dont know Matt Bracken.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsahak View Post
    It looks to me like the Dems have backed themselves into an interesting corner.

1 - If they back down and don't pass the laws, they have lost their teeth and will come off as weak and powerless.
    2 - If they pass laws that are just ignored by the populace and the law enforcement that is suppose to be their strong arm, they again, lose their teeth and come off as weak and powerless.
    3 - They step straight into undeniable tyranny if they push a "LEO vs LEO" or "NG vs LEO" narrative, start going door to door, etc. That will start a straight up armed uprising. Again, making them the bad guys and reversing much of what they wish to do.

It would appear that their only real hope of coming out fairly unscathed would be to pass the laws, have the VCDL, or maybe the suddenly, suspiciously quite NRA and whatever other group file a law suit and injunctions to stop them and lose at the federal or SCOTUS level after the laws are declared unconstitutional. Then they can shrug their shoulders and yell "Trump". Any other way, and it would appear that they will not come out of this looking very good and with serious political egg on their face.

Thoughts?
    I bet they raid the dastardly NRA first.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678