Thread: How often to change Springs in AR10's

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

How often to change Springs in AR10's

How often should you change Springs in AR10's. I have LMT MWS guns. Brought up in another thread and made me wonder.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My plan has always been to maintain the same maintenance schedule as with my AR-15s.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shoot LMT an email and they'll let you know, then let us know.

Feedback Score
    Call LMT or Email them. I would be interested to know as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great question. I don't store my rifles with springs in which would alter storing time frames. I also don't store rifles with hammer cocked, they are always forward as well as firing pins are always forward in my bolt guns. My AR308/AR10s use the same Armalite patter buffer tubes and springs for easy replacement if needed. I have rifles from 2002 that still function and cycle great with 5k+ rounds on them. With springs costing $8, I have several still in the plastic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    My plan has always been to maintain the same maintenance schedule as with my AR-15s.
    In my experience AR10's are NOT AR15's. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way either, but they prove time and time again to be finicky beasts compared to the 15's.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    In my experience AR10's are NOT AR15's. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way either, but they prove time and time again to be finicky beasts compared to the 15's.
    Agreed. I guess I just don't have enough rounds to have anything besides cleaning on mine. I do have a few springs laying around though, as I was experimenting with trying to reduce recoil.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine