Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pretend You Are Sitting On an Interview Panel

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a single line on my resume from when I was selected to do an executive protection detail for then Senator Biden in 2001.
    I thought this was relevant to add to my resume because I was selected by my Chief and I was a young 26 year old officer that he selected over many other senior officers to do this detail.
    I don’t talk about this detail unless asked about it and it’s certainly not a primary point in my resume. So I do believe that there may be some relevance depending on the circumstances.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    What have you done for me recently?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I know people who actively collect these types of letters, but more in a souvenir of the job way than trying to impress people way. I've worked on a PSD in the past and coordinated VIP visits. I've also worked visits from presidential candidates and the VP in my AOR. I don't have letters from those and just look at it as part of the job.

The one letter I do have is more memorabilia than anything, but it might have merit at a job interview of the type we're discussing here (if I were an applicant). It's from the management team operating the Iron Maiden "The Book Of Souls World Tour" in 2016. I was cold called by them when they were in the planning phase of the tour. It was a call I could've easily passed along to someone else as "not my circus, not my monkeys", but I didn't. I took a lead role in both planning and execution of their visit in my AOR. It involved a lot of local coordination, international conference calls, pre and post clearing locally and at follow on destinations, etc. When an unexpected obstacle cropped up mid-visit, I mobilized assets to mitigate the issue and smoothly transition operations so there was no interruption noticed by the tour or the regular customers.

I'd only bring it up in an interview as an example if it were relevant to the position I was applying for, and provide the personalized appreciation letter as documentation because it's an example where I went above and beyond the requirements of my position. I only did it because I wanted our team to be recognized for their professionalism. Well, that and the fact that their 747, "Ed Force One" was damaged and two people injured at their next stop. Obviously someone didn't do the prep work as well there.

I believe things like this have an expiration date though. I'd try to use a more recent example than something from 15 years ago.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Iron Maiden?

YOU’RE HIRED!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Iron Maiden?

YOU’RE HIRED!
    I have a pic where Bruce is verifying his identity as Captain to the security coordinator on the air stairs, and I'm in his plane.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 12-05-19 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I have a pic where Bruce is verifying his identity as Captain to the security coordinator on the air stairs, and I'm in his plane.
    Hey buddy, you made the sale. You got the job.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Hey buddy, you made the sale. You got the job.
    Yeah, but I gotta humblebrag a bit!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Yeah, but I gotta humblebrag a bit!

Thats pretty sweet! Bruce Dickinson is probably the only Rock star Id want to actually meet and talk to.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    Thats pretty sweet! Bruce Dickinson is probably the only Rock star Id want to actually meet and talk to.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    The entire tour were chill and very appreciative of the welcome we put on. They were a pleasure to work with and it was a great experience all around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123