Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs Glock 45

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Before I got my CZs set for Carry Optics, I shot a G19x with DPP. I can't say that my match placement differed a lot. A ton of people here use G34 for CO, but I think for many the choice was simply because they already had G34s. One of my training buddies, a very strong M CO shooter, fully prefers 17 over 34. I know only one guy who actually took time to quantify the differences in match performance, he's a member here, and while he really likes how G45 cycles, his match performance is better with 34 MOS.
    As I posted elsewhere here, there are subjective perceptions how guns feel, and there are objective results comparisons. I don't really think we have much of the latter.

Feedback Score
    Wasn't the main selling point for the G45 is that it was what law enforcement wanted for more comfort sitting in a patrol car from less slide length?

My G45 rapidly became my favorite Glock to shoot. I shoot it better than any of my other Glocks including my gen3 19.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I had both in Gen 5. Got rid of the 17, because it doesn't do anything the 45 doesn't except extend further.
    Sitting down in a patrol vehicle, longer barrel pushes into the seat and up on the belt. That's why I preferred the 4-4.4 barrels.
    Sig 226 was the longest barrel. BHP and 1911 5" dug deep. Not wearing a high ride holster either. Safariland mid-ride.

All before I retired in 2008.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelram View Post
    Wasn't the main selling point for the G45 is that it was what law enforcement wanted for more comfort sitting in a patrol car from less slide length?

My G45 rapidly became my favorite Glock to shoot. I shoot it better than any of my other Glocks including my gen3 19.
    Full grip of a 17, shorter slide of a 19. The G45 grip shape feels better to me than the 19.5 grip
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If you are running a weapon light like you should be, then the barrel lenght don’t matter when it comes to holster lenght

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, it's an incidental benefit at best.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still want a Glock 19 Streetmaster.

19 frame, 17 slide.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I still want a Glock 19 Streetmaster.

19 frame, 17 slide.
    Have Boresight Solutions cut one down for you

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Recoil isn’t less but there is less reciprocating mass with the G45.

If you’re going to dot it, G45.

If you’re not carrying a light, G45.

Pretty much this. I've got a G5 17, 19, 19X and G45. Shoot my G17/WML the most. Softer shooting than the 19/19X/G45, but that's splitting hairs because 9mm full size Glocks all shoot pretty soft.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the G45 does track better, or flatter, at least for me. As others have said, the shorter barrel and slide does work better for me, at least when I was still on patrol sitting in a car. I don't and never will run a weapon light, previous incident of having a flashlight shot out of my hand, and BG said he was aiming at it cause he figured I was behind it. With that, I do carry two lights on me, on and off duty, so I have the ability, I just don't want it inline with my body.

Anyway that is why until the 45, I carried a 19 or 23. The longer grip does give me more real estate than the 19 running it hard, and no cutout is a plus, even though on the full sized grips, it didn't bother me.

I will say with the advent of the newest model 19.5 without the cutout and serrations, I have been running one of those and my 45 together. Performance wise I can't tell a difference, in either times, hits, or accuracy.

I believe with the newest version of the G19 both standard and MOS as well as the G45 standard and MOS, any one of those 4 models will do just about anything anyone would need.

Recoil and handling characteristics are going to different for everyone since, there are a number of variables that contribute to how a pistol feels and shoots for someone. To say one is better than another, may be true for you or me or numerous other shooters, but will not be true for everyone.

The 17 offers me nothing over the 45 or the 19 for that matter. My wife on the other hand, an officer and shooter as well, will not shoot anything but 17's, she owns 6. Find what shoots best for you and become proficient with it and don't worry about what we internet commandos say is best....

Notice I didn't say what feels best, cause in a static environment, IE gunshop, etc, it isn't going to matter, but that's a story for another time. It's how the tool performs for you when you put it to work. Do you buy a particular ink pen, because it looks cool, ok well some might. Typically you buy one that you can write with, and that works. It's a simplified comparison, but you get the idea.

TXPO

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-05-19 at 17:49.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast