Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Glock 17 vs Glock 45

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I could be alone in this but despite all of the obvious advantages of the G45 in terms of size the G17 seems softer shooting. It will be fun to continue to shoot both side by side.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Comped 45 shoots as flat, or almost as flat as my 34.5 did. Using a Volker Precision Mk2 Compensator. Once I get a PL350 on there it should calm down a little more as well.

Feedback Score
    I run the 17, With a weapon light. The 19x and 17 feel exactly the same while duty carrying with a weapon light. So i would rather have the longer slide length.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was super skeptical of the G45 until I started toting it as a work gun and qualed on it. I would argue that the G45 feels lighter and I don’t have muzzle everywhere. I still maintain for a direct action gun the G34 is still my first choice with a WML. It really does make for a fine offensive handgun.

A G45 with an XC2 and a Red Dot is a sweet spot that I didn’t know could be attained. It’s not so bulky and it’s great in and out of vehicle constantly.

Personally I think the G19 is the superior “60% gun” but as a duty weapon the G45 is my main choice because it’s for the man on the go who still needs to use G17 mags. (Because everybody else has G17s).

I don’t feel the “urgency” to use an X300 as a WML (except on G34) because I still like to use a freehand light to poke around. If I gotta use a WML then the XC2 is still sufficient.

I have toyed with doing a “Roland Special” with a Gen 3 19 but probably more of a toy if I even do it. Maybe just put a Vortex on my Gen 3 G34.

I know some Ricky Ranger will be along to tell me that RMRs are the only choice but I like the Venom.

Honestly I have a Rifle if it gets that bad.
    I just like having one good, solid govt profile pistol as an option

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345