Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 vs Glock 45

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The sight radius helps, but not much.

The 17 length is softer shooting, has higher velocity, and was never as prone to ejection issues as the 19s.

Believe it or not, Glocks ejection problems stem from slide velocity being too fast for marginal extractor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    It'd be interesting to see how it compares to a 17Gen5. From what I'm seeing, the Gen5s are consistently as accurate as they should be, while the 3s&4s can vary quite a bit.

In the past, when people would actually shoot a 19 better than a 17, it was a matter of the grip fitting their hand better. When helping people to shoot/find a gun that works best, I've found the grip is different enough that I treat the 19 and 17 to be two different guns rather than a compact and fullsize version of the same.

I've seen a few of the 19X/45 pistols come across the Steel Challenge thing, which is just a draw/accuracy/speed thing, and not one shooter has really done any better than you would expect anyone to do with a compact gun.

To me, these guns are just like the XS Big Dots. All the Tactical Timmies just have to have 'em, but after the novelty wears off they're gonna realize that it's a performance downgrade. Unless you're like 5'2" with really big hands and sit in a car where you can't scoot the seat up far enough.
    I must be a super tactical timmy because I have a 45 and 19x. I prefer the size of the 17 frame over the 19, just fits my hands better. The 19x feels better to me than the 45 just from the dlc internals.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It doesn't have DLC internals. And what you feel doesn't equal performance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the6th View Post
    I must be a super tactical timmy because I have a 45 and 19x. I prefer the size of the 17 frame over the 19, just fits my hands better. The 19x feels better to me than the 45 just from the dlc internals.

Raising the BS flag.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    It doesn't have DLC internals. And what you feel doesn't equal performance.
    I stand corrected on the internals.

Feedback Score
    Not even a tactical Timmy here but when I met my ffl at our club I had put out some clays on the 25yd berm and popped all five after doing my 4473.

Never done that before BUT lots of variables: mental state, what load was I shooting(I reload), how much coffee had I had.

Mentally, I know I’ve shot better with a commander sized barrel than a full sized, before my eyes got old and even now, buts it’s always been no further than 25-30 yds.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I slightly prefer the 45 to the 17. I like the extra leverage of the 17 grip paired with the faster sight recovery (at least in my experience). Also, shorter barrel is more comfortable ride in squad for me. G45 with ACRO is cheating...especially coming from a G22.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I carry a G45 almost exclusively after carrying a G17 for most of my career. The biggest benefit for me was being able to put a comp on the 45 and still keep it to damn near G17 length. Its a flat shooting pistol and IMO the best of both worlds.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have both but used the 45 for suppressor use to keep the overall length shorter.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Both aren't that much different when it comes to shooting, personally I prefer the glock 45 because it has all the custom work I'd get done on a glock 17 but from the factory, front slide serrations, slight flared magwell, over sized controls and if you get the MOS an RMR cut.
    Zechariah 13:6 (KJV)

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast