Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooter at Pearl and now Pensacola NAS - 12/6

Feedback Score
    Problem is the USA turns down Saudi and other Arab states pilots, where do you think they are going to go for training?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Problem is the USA turns down Saudi and other Arab states pilots, where do you think they are going to go for training?
    Honestly, do we care?

I'm pretty much over the Saudis at this point.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Hard to fly F18's with MiG training...I jest.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The USA has been training Saudis for well over 25 years, along with German, Kuwaiti, Malaysian, and a whole host of other Nations.

It's good for allies, it's good for the USA from a partnership and business (selling them aircraft, bombs, missiles, etc - not to mention selling them the training).

And oh guess what, we gain insight to how good (or not good) they are.

Yeah it sucks, but in the past 25 years, more people on NASP have been killed by drunk drivers, people texting and aviation accidents than by this one Saudi shooter.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-06-19 at 14:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The USA has been training Saudis for well over 25 years, along with German, Kuwaiti, Malaysian, and a whole host of other Nations.

It's good for allies, it's good for the USA from a partnership and business (selling them aircraft, bombs, missiles, etc - not to mention selling them the training).

And oh guess what, we gain insight to how good (or not good) they are.

Yeah it sucks, but in the past 25 years, more people on NASP have been killed by drunk drivers, people texting and aviation accidents than by this one Saudi shooter.
    The Brits that are currently flying their F-35's came thru P'cola. At least some of the earliest one's did. My son went thru the P'cola flight program with Brit's then with Spaniards and Italians in the Harrier RAG at MCAS Cherry Point.
    Last edited by rocketman; 12-06-19 at 14:21.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had guns in my barracks at Ft Benning ALL THE TIME. Along with pretty much everyone else. I remember driving through the gate one night and forgot I had a 8 inch barreled S&W 629 shoved between the front seat and the center console. Guard completely missed it. The vast majority of the time they just waive you in when you show ID.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Didn't FLA pass UBCs and a waiting period for guns? What kind of ID would he use to purchase one? What is his 'immigration' status - and how would that figure into a 4473?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Honestly, do we care?

I'm pretty much over the Saudis at this point.
    I don't care, and, me to.

The reason we are stiil doing this kind of stuff is because of the good old military industrial complex which President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us about.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ending foreign military training because of an incident is the same as banning AR-15s because a lunatic shot up a school with a P226.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...filmed-attack/

6 Saudis detained - 3 were filming the attack. Hmmm

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast