Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Active shooter at Pearl and now Pensacola NAS - 12/6

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why does a military base, even a Navy base, have to wait until the locals arrive to engage an active shooter?! I'd thought they learned their lesson after Ft Hood.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-07-19 at 10:08.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Ending foreign military training because of an incident is the same as banning AR-15s because a lunatic shot up a school with a P226.
    I'm not saying we should end it, but we certainly could rethink the nations we are allowing to come to our house and do it. Sorry, but I'm all about us first and if they want training, they bring our people over to their house to conduct it.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Why does a military base, even an AF base, have to wait until the locals arrive to engage an active shooter?! I'd thought they learned their lesson after Ft Hood.
    I don't know if they are still there or not but 10 years ago when my kid graduated from OCS in Quantico if you knew where to look you could see Marines "in the shadows, leaning against trees etc" armed with M-4's. Made me feel pretty safe I must say
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...filmed-attack/

6 Saudis detained - 3 were filming the attack. Hmmm
    The religion of peace doing what they do best.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Why does a military base, even an AF base, have to wait until the locals arrive to engage an active shooter?! I'd thought they learned their lesson after Ft Hood.
    This was my very thought, Will. What the heck? NAS Pensacola, frankly, arguably, the most historic bases in the US Navy had *no* SP folks on duty? Nobody who could have rushed to the scene? I was speaking to a Navy Vet last night who said, "It's crazy, they've hired rent-a-cops to guard our bases." True? I don't know. But, I shit you not, back in the day there were plenty of USMC drill instructors running training there and they would have handled the situation. This so pisses me off.

They serious called in the local-yocal cops to handle this? WTF?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    This was my very thought, Will. What the heck? NAS Pensacola, frankly, arguably, the most historic bases in the US Navy had *no* SP folks on duty? Nobody who could have rushed to the scene? I was speaking to a Navy Vet last night who said, "It's crazy, they've hired rent-a-cops to guard our bases." True? I don't know. But, I shit you not, back in the day there were plenty of USMC drill instructors running training there and they would have handled the situation. This so pisses me off.

Went thru the front gate at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point several times last weekend. There were always sharp Marine MP's at the gate each with an M-4. Very big difference from going aboard NAS P'cola.
    Last edited by rocketman; 12-07-19 at 09:43.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ending foreign military training because of an incident is the same as banning AR-15s because a lunatic shot up a school with a P226.
    Foreign governments have an inalienable right to receive US military training?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post

Where my grandfather was a flight instructor WWII and where my mother was born.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Foreign governments have an inalienable right to receive US military training?
    I don’t follow your reasoning but I am happy to debate.

My point is that it is illogical to ban something based on unrelated bad actors. Primarily, murder, assault, discharging a firearm in public, ad astra is already illegal. Creating an additional category of illegality is not only illogical it is unproductive.

Your point, if I may, is that the 2nd is an inalienable right therefore the right to receive military training isn’t because Saudi. Or perhaps not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don’t follow your reasoning but I am happy to debate.

My point is that it is illogical to ban something based on unrelated bad actors. Primarily, murder, assault, discharging a firearm in public, ad astra is already illegal. Creating an additional category of illegality is not only illogical it is unproductive.

Your point, if I may, is that the 2nd is an inalienable right therefore the right to receive military training isn’t because Saudi. Or perhaps not.
    The 2nd is supposed to be an inalienable right, although that isn't how it is handled by any means. Training foreign militaries simply isn't.

Somehow I doubt cutting Saudi Arabia off from training would be harming any good actors.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast