Thread: Pictures: TRS-25 vs 507c vs 403B-GR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Pictures: TRS-25 vs 507c vs 403B-GR

All,

I've been searching for the lowest red dot sight (RDS) available. It's for my Mini-14, but this would apply for any optic on a forward-mounted scout-style rail, e.g. AKM, M1A, etc.

For comparison, I got a Bushnell TRS-25, a Holosun 507C (which is normally a pistol RDS), and a Holosun Elite 403B-GR (which is the same size as an Aimpoint).

Here they are lined up next to each other.

I then created a side-by-side composite of them. The TRS-25 has a red 3MOA dot (on the brightest setting here), the 507C has a red 32MOA circle around a red 2MOA dot (kinda washed out by my camera phone), and the 403B-GR has a green 2MOA dot (I think the brightness setting is too high; should've dialed it down).

I then mounted them on the Ultimak rail that's installed on my Mini14. Here's another side-by-side composite shot of all three. The red line is the horizontal plane in which the dot appears for each RDS.

Finally, I did a behind the rear sight side-by-side composite shot of all three. As you can see, the TRS-25 is the only one that allows for a partial co-witness with the Ruger factory front sight. The Holosuns are just too high.

Please keep in mind that I'm not discussing any of the other features of these RDSs; my sole focus is on which one "sits" the lowest. Thus far, it looks like the Bushnell TRS-25 is the winner.

Hope that helps someone out there.

Respectfully,
    butlers
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."
    William Francis Butler

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Great post idea and the best pro for a TRS-25 I've ever heard. Well besides the price!

I would like to see similar for other various RDS, like the optic weight thread. There are more RDS applications than just ARs!

Dennis.