Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Deputy Accidentally Shoots Suspect's Mother During Confrontation"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Up until mom's face got pixeled out, I was thinking that it was a use of force scenario that I hadn't seen before.

Lots of things going on. Don't know call load of agency, or type of call, but if it was a disturbance, but was there a need for her to make contact w/o backup?

To me, it didn't start well, but it went really off the track when she went up the stairs while he was sitting on them. From that point on she was really behind the power curve.

I would have stood there and BS'ed with him until my backup got there and we could make the arrest with safety for all. She on the other hand did nothing to calm the situation - just because voices aren't being raised, doesn't mean things aren't going sideways.

She's lucky it didn't kick off at 6:43 when she said 'as soon as the rest of them come in, your going into handcuffs and your going to jail.' YMMV, but if I'm talking with someone who I'm pretty sure could kick-my-ass, I generally try to keep things as pleasant as possible.

It appeared to me that she wanted to appear to be proactive to her partner by initiating contact and control measures before his arrival. She needed to register what he was saying, and the fact that he let go of her, also that mom was in the mix.

She had distance with the firearm out and covering him, then moved in, apparently to physically clear mom away, at which point schizo took umbrage and came at her. I don't believe she had the slightest idea where her muzzle was when she was firing.

Judging from her complete breakdown, I'd be willing to bet she had never had an properly structured force on force simulations. Because, my friends, what you heard at the end, was someone who had never before confronted their own mortality...... Partner did excellent getting her kind of back just before the tape ended.

Everybody hangs shit on Verbal Judo, but a little VJ applied to that dude, and mom, probably would have ended in a peaceful arrest/committal.
    Not being LE, and loath the "I woulda" and "she shoulda" type comments people often make, I will leave it at that. We all see a long list of missed opportunities on her end and I hope she strongly considers another line of work before she gets herself killed, or worse, other LEOs, and non. Clearly, that PD also has no weight/fitness recs to speak of.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Did he take his shoe off just for the kick? Seemed kinda weird.
    It flew off when booted him in the head.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why do people question minor things that happen in a fight?

It’s not like TV. Shoes fly off, boots fly off, lots of stuff happens.

Feedback Score
    I don’t know anything about the backup.

I get the vibe he is some night shift dude who heard an all hands officer in distress, noticed it was real close by, hopped out of bed and pulled up to save the day walker.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    The guy says that he is OK with being arrested but he doesn't want to be touched. Of all the questions she asks him, why not ask him how exactly she is supposed to do that.

Did the male cop knock him out or choke him unconscious? Anyone have an article on the aftermath?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He certainly appeared impaired.
    Keeping the guy talking and deescalating the situation might well have kept him on the porch.
    Knowing you have back-up on the way, perhaps keeping the situation calm until they get there is a better tactic than warning the guy that you have help coming?
    Going back in the house? How many people have a firearm within reach of the front door?
    Allowing the situation to go from verbal to physical, just kind of say's "I haven't done this long, or don't have the skill set to go about this another way."

I dunno, I'm an old guy now, I would rather not go all hands on with someone who is obviously impaired and has nothing to lose in a fight.
    I've got a 50K nose now from being the guy who wouldn't back down in his 20's. Sometimes when you don't have a better way, you need to be ready to speak crazy right along with the nut case you're having to deal with until help arrives or you can eject.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not a lot of additional details but they claim she broke no policies:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...other-n1096566
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Technically she didn’t.

Could have gone better. Could have gone worse.
    A different officer may have done better. Yet another done worse.

These things just happen.

She could do with some serious remedial training though

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

She was initially placed on leave, but is now on administrative duty, Lt. Ryan Flood said.
    Someone has to save the world from paperwork, might as well be her. Hopefully for herself, bystanders and drywall everywhere, she never goes out on patrol again.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Maybe momma's boy is autistic in some way.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast