Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Deputy Accidentally Shoots Suspect's Mother During Confrontation"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by TexHill; 12-05-19 at 19:47.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Watching this just reminds me why I couldn't be a police officer and why I respect the men and women that are. I guess it's too bad the lady got shot, but then again she deserved it for raising that weirdo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That was painful to watch. The female police officer has no business being in that situation. She has zero control over the subject, zero control over the situation, and frankly has no clue what she is doing. Good grief.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I'm tending to agree with Firefly here. There was a truckload of 'NOPE' in most of what she did other than staying in contact with and eyes on the suspect. Here's the thing that non cops just won't ever understand; there is no formula to apply to each and every situation when dealing with suspects. I've run tens of thousands of calls as a patrol officer and every single one is different, even the ones that are similar and even the ones dealing with a suspect I've dealt with before. Firefly and I or anyone else can MMQB this to death but we weren't there and neither was anyone else who might try. I can't even say exactly what I would have done as it played out and neither can anyone else with 100% certainty.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That head kick though..

Feedback Score
    Ummm...

The LEO appears to be in a situation they do not have the brains, strength, fitness, or skills to deal with.
    Any one of the four and things would have ended more expeditiously.

It’s not so much that they are guilty of a crime as,
    It’s more like they are one of those boaters with no business being out of eyesight of the coast going out in storm and having to be rescued and people die.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Opinion of non-leo here. It was clear she could not control the situation early-on.
    She should have backed off/de-escalated until backup arrived.

Fine-line of keeping distance and emotion low, but not letting the guy go for a weapon. Its gotta be a tough situation for her since she’s out-numbered and easily overpowered. I think going hands on with someone you cant control is bad.

As for the miss/mom. Misses happen- but you have to train. On the flip-side mom was putting herself right there but not helping so a lot is on her. Dont want your son shot- control your 40-yr old baby-boy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That head kick though..
    Did he take his shoe off just for the kick? Seemed kinda weird.

Feedback Score
    Holy crap that is a lot of monologing....

‘It’s my right’ never works when interacting with the police, even if the police say it.

Was the guy chemically impaired, or is he mentally compromised?

I think she wanted to show that she could handle this and get the guy in cuffs before back up got there, but that backfired on her.

Did she miss by 3 feet from 3 feet?

I hope she found another line of work, because she is not suited for that job.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 12-06-19 at 00:33.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm trying to figure why the dude under arrest wasn't cork screwed into the ground after about 2 minutes.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast