Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Shootout in Florida

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    It's becoming an increasingly violent world. Don't talk like how the people who choose to deal with these violent problems do it? That's fine, become a part of the solution. Most agencies have a tiny training budget, tiny ammo budget, share a range with multiple other agencies or even use public ranges, many are even too short staffed to train more than once or twice a year.

Vote for budget increases so they can hire more people and afford to train more often. Volunteer, or apply. Buy a case of 9mm and 556 for your local pd. Do something. Internet complaining only does nothing, but you know that already.

Until then, men and women who choose to go into harms way are going to continue to do so. Are we giving them what it takes to succeed?

But they should be seeking this kind of training on their own!
    -you think the lower middle class cop working at a short staffed agency who can barely afford to pay his family's bills can afford to fly to training classes constantly?
    But they are already too militarized!
    -how do you expect cops to combat militarized badguys?

But they should've backed off!
    -and then every screams that they didn't do anything to save people.

And blah, blah, blah. Stop complaining, do something about it. Until then it's just a bunch of Mrgunsngear and his 3 per centers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The callous disregard the Police Spokesman had for the innocent lives lost is off the chart shocking. Seriously, if this guy had access to a JDAM I think he would have used it and just blamed the 100+ innocent deaths on the criminals. Unbelievable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    It's becoming an increasingly violent world. Don't talk like how the people who choose to deal with these violent problems do it? That's fine, become a part of the solution. Most agencies have a tiny training budget, tiny ammo budget, share a range with multiple other agencies or even use public ranges, many are even too short staffed to train more than once or twice a year.

Vote for budget increases so they can hire more people and afford to train more often. Volunteer, or apply. Buy a case of 9mm and 556 for your local pd. Do something. Internet complaining only does nothing, but you know that already.

Until then, men and women who choose to go into harms way are going to continue to do so. Are we giving them what it takes to succeed?

-you think the lower middle class cop working at a short staffed agency who can barely afford to pay his family's bills can afford to fly to training classes constantly?

And blah, blah, blah. Stop complaining, do something about it. Until then it's just a bunch of Mrgunsngear and his 3 per centers.
    Honestly this is a very authentic post. Like I said in another thread. Everybody thinks police should be 25 year old former Airborne Rangers with Masters in Psychology willing to work for very modest money. If you make any coin it’s because you part timed yourself to death or you skipped the whole family bit and wore your same clothes from high school for longer than you probably should (“Hey bro, where’d you get those 90s clothes?” Um...the 90s...)

Doesn’t work that way.

We both know that.

Shootouts don’t happen everyday.

I feel like the public (and most egregiously the Internet) expects Delta Force results for Arby’s pay.

I’ve been laid up almost half a year of my life convalescing before due to other people’s bullshit.
    Nobody cared but close friends and family.

So yeah...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The callous disregard the Police Spokesman had for the innocent lives lost is off the chart shocking. Seriously, if this guy had access to a JDAM I think he would have used it and just blamed the 100+ innocent deaths on the criminals. Unbelievable.
    Did we watch the same news clip? What is he supposed to do? Cry his eyes out? Choke on his words?

He just stated what happened. He may well be a douche canoe but at the same time he just gave a fairly generic statement. There WILL be lawsuits over this so on a technical level, I cannot blame him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Didn't see you mention anything about people arming themselves, just providing goods, services, and cash to LE so they can possibly get better. Is that due to the major anti gun advances we have been seeing in Florida and other state governments recently?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Didn't see you mention anything about people arming themselves, just providing goods, services, and cash to LE so they can possibly get better. Is that due to the major anti gun advances we have been seeing in Florida and other state governments recently?
    Oh Jesus Christ. You've labeled me as lots of things jsbhike, you know, evil cop, etc. Now I'm an anti 2a statist.

Your posts reek of bullshit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh Jesus Christ. You've labeled me as lots of things jsbhike, you know, evil cop, etc. Now I'm an anti 2a statist.

Your posts reek of bullshit.
    Nice try, but I have never labeled you as anything and I didn't even know what occupation you held.

That Florida and other .govs have been on the rampage against 2nd amendment remnants is obvious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Nice try, but I have never labeled you as anything and I didn't even know what occupation you held.

That Florida and other .govs have been on the rampage against 2nd amendment remnants is obvious.
    If this thread gets locked it’ll be the bizarre BS like yours that’s to blame...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Did we watch the same news clip? What is he supposed to do? Cry his eyes out? Choke on his words?

He just stated what happened. He may well be a douche canoe but at the same time he just gave a fairly generic statement. There WILL be lawsuits over this so on a technical level, I cannot blame him.
    Maybe we saw different clips. The one I saw, he did not "just state what happened". Nor did he "just give a fairy generic statement". He complete absolved his officers of any mistakes or responsibility before the investigation is even complete, implying no matter how reckless he officers *might* have been, or violated department policies or orders, his men are not responsible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Maybe we saw different clips. The one I saw, he did not "just state what happened". Nor did he "just give a fairy generic statement". He complete absolved his officers of any mistakes or responsibility before the investigation is even complete, implying no matter how reckless he officers *might* have been, or violated department policies or orders, his men are not responsible.
    May I get a link to the one you are talking about so I have the whole picture?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast