Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Shootout in Florida

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This.

This was just a straight up Kobayashi Maru. It happens
    This wasn’t a battle with the Klingons, it was two retards who though it was a great idea to rob a jewelry store then panicked and jacked a UPS truck.

We all hope our cops could/would be much smarter and a bit more street savvy than what we actually saw.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    This wasn’t a battle with the Klingons, it was two retards who though it was a great idea to rob a jewelry store then panicked and jacked a UPS truck.

We all hope our cops could/would be much smarter and a bit more street savvy than what we actually saw.
    ......okay.

How would you have righted the wrongs that day even with 20/20 hindsight?

Realistically. None of this playing God bit.

Here’s what we know:

-They were willing to shoot
    -They didn’t mind using a human shield
    -This was not their first robbery
    -Traffic was a mess that day

You tell me, with your street savvy, how that could have gone better.

I seriously cannot think of anything after some consideration that could have pushed the needle towards anything peaceful.

You know, slick.... “Two retards”. Yeah. With guns. Shooting at you. At that point, Social status, race, religion, GPA, Credit Score, and all that are a complete non-issue.

I’m just waiting to hear your big solution so we can get the FBI to make it SOP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

We react and perform to the level we are trained. A lot of agencies have a small training budget and only train to minimum standards. That is an unfortunate truth.

People ask questions about what might have been done differently; that's human nature. Those of us who have been involved in critical incidents and train personnel to respond want to learn what we might do differently in the future.

Judging and criticizing without knowing all the facts, including level of training and experience, serves no useful purpose.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Boy, this post stinks of ivory tower safety.

When was the last time you got into a shootout with:
    two retards who though it was a great idea to rob a jewelry store then panicked and jacked a UPS truck
    And I am genuinely curious. Just based off of that generality, multiple armed suspects who just committed an armed robbery, armed motor vehicle theft, kidnapping, etc are by your estimation not dangerous? In other circles of the world beyond yours, they would be considered the most dangerous animal on the face of the earth.

I read all this nonsense and it just cracks me up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    it was two retards who though it was a great idea to rob a jewelry store then panicked and jacked a UPS truck.
    Not gonna comment on the rest as it does not deserve commentary, but my personal hypothesis is something prevented them from getting to their get away car. Was not their first rodeo and they didn't plan a get away car? FBI take down that went south? The FBI was already there during the shooting too, so either they just happened to be close by (possible too) or were involved early on in the event.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Boy, this post stinks of ivory tower safety.

When was the last time you got into a shootout with:

And I am genuinely curious. Just based off of that generality, multiple armed suspects who just committed an armed robbery, armed motor vehicle theft, kidnapping, etc are by your estimation not dangerous? In other circles of the world beyond yours, they would be considered the most dangerous animal on the face of the earth.

I read all this nonsense and it just cracks me up.
    Where did he say the 2 weren't dangerous?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Source always suspect being CNN, but more info on shots fired, etc:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/fl...ing/index.html

Personally, I'm most curious as to why they Hijacked the UPS truck. I feel like that's important to the overall direction it went after that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Where did he say the 2 weren't dangerous?
    Oh jsbhike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Oh jsbhike
    Is rolling your eyes your way of saying he never said they were not dangerous?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Source always suspect being CNN, but more info on shots fired, etc:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/fl...ing/index.html

Personally, I'm most curious as to why they Hijacked the UPS truck. I feel like that's important to the overall direction it went after that.
    Opportunity? Most UPS drivers I've seen making deliveries leave a door open on their truck.
    Train 2 Win

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast