Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shootout in Florida

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    That was some crazy chit. If I was in one of those cars I would be punching it and ramming other cars just to get out of there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of the problems with multi-jurisdictional response to an ongoing like this is communications - is everyone hearing everything. Another problem can be 'he's not from my agency, I don't need to stand by' etc.

This will be very, very, costly for LE.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    When they start shooting at you? That would seem a pretty good indicator they're your targets no? If LE took the first shots, that's another issue.
    Everyone of those officers shooting had a choice - they could have pretended not to hear the call, they could have laid back and not been up front, they could have sought cover and taken high probability shots, they could have held their fire.

The driver, and the citizens on the expressway, didn't have the luxury on choice.

You unass a patrol unit on a call with a rifle, hell, any kind of police equipment, and you are making the promise to the public that you know how to use the equipment correctly to protect.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At some point they gotta run out of gas. This could have been a talk down.

Nope.

Had to play Heat.

Plus they had a bird in the air.

Nope. Had to play Heat.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Nope.

Had to play Heat.

Nope. Had to play Heat.
    Yup...Pretty much.

And now some poor UPS driver trying to live his life feed his family is in a bag and his kids gonna grow up without a dad.

The cops all went home safe, though, and they got to play with their Delta Force shit...so high fives and ass grabs all around I suppose.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Everyone of those officers shooting had a choice - they could have pretended not to hear the call, they could have laid back and not been up front, they could have sought cover and taken high probability shots, they could have held their fire.

The driver, and the citizens on the expressway, didn't have the luxury on choice.

You unass a patrol unit on a call with a rifle, hell, any kind of police equipment, and you are making the promise to the public that you know how to use the equipment correctly to protect.
    I will be interested to read the details on the event once it's available to better understand how/why it unfolded as it did.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I will be interested to read the details on the event once it's available to better understand how/why it unfolded as it did.
    It’ll unfold like the supermajority of these dumpster fires do... cops ran with limited info, very little to completely uncoordinated response, immediately went in guns blazing.

Two innocents dead.

This unfolded live on CNN hard to not draw some conclusions based on what was a complete disaster of a response for the cops.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Nope.

Had to play Heat.

Nope. Had to play Heat.
    But think of the cool war stories they can tell at the next choir practice.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    They said on the radio this morning that it was the UPS driver's first day on the job. How f****d up is that?

Shit show all around on this one. Armed felons on the run with a hostage, snarled in heavy traffic. I will be the first to criticize cops if necessary, but I don't know which way to go on this one. F****d up situation.

During that same news snippet on the radio this morning they said "Four people were killed. No officers were injured". While it's great and all that no cops got hurt, two innocent people are dead.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast