Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handgun similarities

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I went to high school with a couple of twin sisters, Lauren and Christa. Lauren was hot but although Christa obviously looked a lot like her sister.... somehow with her it was like the components didn't go together quite as well, or she was built out of factory seconds material or something.

The Ruger Christa.
    Great analogy. You started my day off with a good laugh. 😂

Feedback Score
    No use re-inventing the wheel. As a PP suggested, everyone wanted a Glock clone or Glock competitor.
    Now SIG's development of the FCG 'chassis', the serial numbered item of record, and transferable to different slides or grip modules does seem a breakthru'. It does make endless mods possible.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That IWI Masada slide assembly looks damn near identical to a VP9. Front slide serrations and machining look very similar. Even the sites look like the factory glow in the dark HK sites.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When Glocks first came out I thought them ugly and the was no way I was going through life with an ugly pistol... Now I appreciate their utilitarian/industrial look and I think they are the best looking of the polymer pistols. Not that I own any poly/SFA pistols. But as far as function, looks go when a thing has to do a certain job and function/interface with a human there are only so many ways it can look for it to work right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was looking at photos of the Masada a couple days ago and thought that the bottom of the grip and magazine baseplate look very similar to the Beretta APX:

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CESwartz07 View Post
    Yea, the LCP and LC9 seem to be heavily based off the Keltecs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I look at them as refined Keltecs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    That IWI Masada slide assembly looks damn near identical to a VP9. Front slide serrations and machining look very similar. Even the sites look like the factory glow in the dark HK sites.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Hasn't IWI been copying or leasing rights to designs. At one point they were making the PPQ or the S&W99, I forget which. Mags were even compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    When Glocks first came out I thought them ugly and the was no way I was going through life with an ugly pistol... Now I appreciate their utilitarian/industrial look and I think they are the best looking of the polymer pistols. Not that I own any poly/SFA pistols. But as far as function, looks go when a thing has to do a certain job and function/interface with a human there are only so many ways it can look for it to work right.
    Loved the look from the first time I saw it. Simple straight lines! I'm like that even with cars. Give me simple straight lines of any 80s - early 90s car over the spaceships they make today. Even loved the old tail lights that were essentially a rectangle with smaller rectangles inside
    Last edited by Arik; 12-12-19 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Wasn’t it Walther that made a HK P30 look alike. That’s what comes to mind to me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The Canik TP9 is a Walther PPQ copy internally.

There’s only so much innovation in this industry. It seems like everyone is getting cues from another.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 12-12-19 at 16:53.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Same thing with bolt guns. Most new guns take the best of Remmy Savage....there is only so much innovation possible.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast