Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handgun similarities

Feedback Score
    The Turks spliced together a Glock and an H&K and called it the "SAR 9". Reviews have been generally positive. Plus, it saves them a bundle on R&D

http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/catalog/...t/SAR-9/13/114
    Last edited by Slater; 12-12-19 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The Turks spliced together a Glock and an H&K and called it the "SAR 9". Reviews have been generally positive. Plus, it saves them a bundle on R&D

http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/catalog/...t/SAR-9/13/114
    Lol I might get shamed, but I actually kind of dig the looks of that
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Did he marry Christa or Lauren?
    Last edited by RND; 12-13-19 at 05:35.

Feedback Score
    Revolvers have shown some innovation; S&W light alloy cylinders & frames, as well as Ruger & Smith using poly for parts of the frame. Chiappa's 'bottom chamber' revos are something else altogether, and the semi-auto revo is supposed to be making a comeback.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I went to high school with a couple of twin sisters, Lauren and Christa. Lauren was hot but although Christa obviously looked a lot like her sister.... somehow with her it was like the components didn't go together quite as well, or she was built out of factory seconds material or something.

The Ruger is Christa..
    Same, except they were called Sarah and Alison. Sarah was hotter and funnier, not sure how that works with identical twins. Maybe small differences in choices and experiences over the course of 15 years really do add up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Although honestly neither gun takes top marks in the aesthetics department, but relatively speaking, the IWI is the better, more finished looking product, like Lauren.
    That doesn't mean that you can't have fun taking either one of them out to the... range... and making them go BANG!

Feedback Score
    Okay, this is getting waaaaay too Freudian.
    BTW, what has charmed me lately are traditional steel guns, fit and finished, either new or older.
    The SIG P210 comes to mind as modern production that just feels good to look at/handle/fire.
    It's not the way of future, defensive handguns, which err on the side of practicality, and function over form.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Okay, this is getting waaaaay too Freudian.
    BTW, what has charmed me lately are traditional steel guns, fit and finished, either new or older.
    The SIG P210 comes to mind as modern production that just feels good to look at/handle/fire.
    It's not the way of future, defensive handguns, which err on the side of practicality, and function over form.
    Moon
    I still love the Browning Hi Power despite rarely shooting mine and having no intention of ever carrying one.
    And I'd love a Sig P210 also, although I've never even seen one in real life. I'm mostly going off it's reputation.

Feedback Score
    The older stuff are now range queens for me; never see a holster, but they need to taken out for exercise. The joy of the new stuff is the lack of care they need, and the lack of guilt in using/abusing them.
    But real steel is really neat.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I'd say this boils down to a coincidence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast