Thread: eForm application pending research

Feedback Score

eForm application pending research

I submitted a couple of eForm 1's this year. Each time I promptly received an email that said the status has changed to "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS" which included a cover letter to send in with the fingerprint cards and an additional copy of the form watermarked "SUBMITTED". The cover letters indicate "Within 10 business days of submission of the referenced eForm application, the applicant must submit two completed fingerprint cards to the ATF address shown above. A copy of this cover letter MUST be submitted with the fingerprint cards". This week I submitted an eForm 1 for a Yugo M85 SBR. It's basically a 1.5mm receiver krink in 5.56x45. I had Childers Guns custom make a receiver for me. They marked the receiver 5.56x45 and installed a 5.56x45 ejector per my request. When I was going through the efile, there was not an option for 5.56x45 for the particular receiver model that I have. However, there was an option to type the correct cartridge designation in myself, so I did that. I attached a pdf copy of an email from Childers where I asked if they could make the receiver in 5.56x45 and they confirmed back that they could. This time instead of receiving an email indicating that the status has changed to "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS", I received one indicating the status had changed to "PENDING RESEARCH" with a copy of the form attached with a "DRAFT" watermark. Has anyone ever had this happen? If so, approximately how much additional time did this "research" take? Would I be correct to assume that "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS" is the next status email that I should receive? It feels odd not sending in the fingerprint cards while waiting on the status to change.

Feedback Score
    Looks like I was correct. I received an email today that the status had changed to "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS". I had bad visions of the cartridge designation adding months to the process, but fortunately it didn't.